Author Topic: Chase resigns from FA staff  (Read 7880 times)

Jim Demintia

• Posts like Kage drinks
  • E-points: +24/-6
  • Deflator Mouse
    • View Profile
Re: Chase resigns from FA staff
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2011, 06:16:09 pm »
Quote from: Dragoneer
Chase, Damaratus, Dior, Pinkuh.

Things change. Sometimes people move on, and Dior and Pinkuh both left to focus on family. Damaratus left to handle life, job and other...

Things happen. Quite a bit is going on behind the scenes, but if you're forecasting doom-and-gloom over admins leaving you're forecasting the wrong kind of change for the wrong reasons.

New rule: if you won't give us solid, reliable information about your vague allusions to what's going in behind the scenes, we won't give you the benefit of the doubt. Because right now it looks like you've got nothing outside of dumb ideas for music CDs.

Could it be that he's finally realizing that, yes, even furries are able to connect what was said with what didn't happen....eventually?
Can it be this sad design
Could be the very same
A wooly man without a face
And a beast without a name

uncia2000

• E-points: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2011, 07:36:36 pm »
ah.... read further on Pinkuh's "Still gonna be oping the IRC channel and stuff. Just not doing anything mainpagy." - that gets a smile given previous experience/history. (Dave; you posted on that, too?)

She's not really quitting the staff AFAICS.

Pinkuh formally stated on the admin forums that she was resigning in late 2007 IIRC, due to not having enough time w/her new job. However she still hung around on the staff IRC channel and did not de-admin herself on the forums/was allowed to keep admin privileges for a period. That gave her a direct line right back in when she felt like throwing her weight around again on the internet. I note from the forums leader page that she's still listed as a site admin and IRC admin:

http://forums.furaffinity.net/showgroups.php
That often takes months++ to update, fwiw.

Yep; I felt that "weight" back then. And the site suffered as a result for the sake of her insecure ego.
(Compare also what you saw vs. the way-too-friendly-sucker tone of voice in my earlier PM to her per the leaks file, and also the zero-assistance from Pinkuh around the Christmas before when the site was limping like a half-dead dog and I was being run ragged - on spotting her, she blithely stated that mainsite wasn't really her thing and wandered off to have fun with the artists elsewhere :)).

So I would imagine she still will have access to the staff forums and no doubt she'll still be on the staff IRC channel.
*meh* Well I did the best I could to kill off the idea that staff who had done virtually nothing (good) for the site and who continued to do virtually nothing used to still have full access and notional "voting" rights on the admin fora. Long time ago, that, but wouldn't have any trouble believing your guess given more recent history.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if she's back as a mainsite admin eventually. Perhaps her resignation as a mainsite admin was simply a formality since she might not have actually been doing anything on the mainsite.
Dude; you /know/ what the work breakdown vs. staff was before. And how much Dragoneer and Dama denied that there was a problem and that people be given 2nd/3rd/4th/nth chances and still nothing much was done. (Got a wince when I saw Dragoneer's comment along the lines of having sacked more staff than he'd wanted to in /that/ context).

Vague allusions from Dragoneer in the comments of her resignation journal:

Chase, Damaratus, Dior, Pinkuh.

Things change. Sometimes people move on, and Dior and Pinkuh both left to focus on family. Damaratus left to handle life, job and other...

Things happen. Quite a bit is going on behind the scenes, but if you're forecasting doom-and-gloom over admins leaving you're forecasting the wrong kind of change for the wrong reasons.

http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/2030256/#cid:16615214
Try multitasking 100+ Iron Artist commissions with what I presume is still a totally hands-on, top-down "management" style, Sean...

There were quite a few other promises that haven't been added to that timeline I've seen floating around.
Kinda makes it difficult to hope for the best with that context/history and the "ignore wall" in full play. Calling other community members "dumbass" ain't exactly a good sign of relaxed, confident management, either, in my book /regardless/ of reasons.

Rather sad when it would've been a cinch to get FA into a far stronger position to contribute to the community at large without Sean having to give up any "ownership" of the site... or whatever it is he still seems to be concerned about/feel "responsible" for/etc...

Also, I did note in early January, that Wicht; a real lazy bugger, would go for months w/out viewing the admin forums/staff IRC let alone doing anything, was de-admin'ed for a few days but soon enough got his @ back. Never saw anything public said about it.
Not for the first time, IIRC.

Cheers,
d.

an hoopoe

• Cabalistic Fuckhead
  • Posts like Kage drinks
  • E-points: +37/-21
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2011, 04:37:03 am »
she blithely stated that mainsite wasn't really her thing and wandered off to have fun with the artists elsewhere :)).

I guess it's never been her thing. It's only a means to an end of throwing her weight about in the community.

Try multitasking 100+ Iron Artist commissions with what I presume is still a totally hands-on, top-down "management" style, Sean...

He's already slipped with the iron artist I think, since he said he'd be posting the first fruits on Tuesday, but here's Wednesday in America with no sign of it. I think he mentioned there'd been an ice storm, on the forums, which was delaying things, but still, it's not a good sign.

I noted that Chase responded to Dragoneer's comment thread about quitting admins in Pinkuh's journal, viz.

No worries. Having curiosities or questions about things like that is very healthy. =3

http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/2030256/#cid:16618187

Quote from: Chase
I'm confident Neer has plenty of qualified candidates for the positions that have become available. I'm sure there's lots of workaholics out there willing to serve the community and keep this site up and running.

Quote from: Chase, 1 hour later
Above post was not intended to be sarcastic. I believe in the site owner's capabilities and that the term "workaholic" is one that holds merit as I respect those who are dedicated to their work. I apologize for any miscommunication through text. =)

To me, that suggests that Chase left unwillingly and I also wonder if Dragoneer privately prodded/precipitate him into posting the 2nd comment, or maybe he hopes to return and felt it wise to add that. Certainly, re workaholics, I've heard anecdotally that the trouble tickets have started piling up again as they always have before.

I suppose the Christmas data-loss disaster exacerbated existing long term issues and helped precipitate this recent clump of resignations,  rather than them being a bit more spaced out perhaps.

Regarding Irreverent, I noted that Dragoneer didn't mention him as quitting, so I reckon that either he's de-admin'ed for a time for whatever reason, or he quit for reasons that Dragoneer doesn't want to mention (in public?).  Irreverent's main-site account doesn't show any external signs of activity since December 27th.

Could it be that he's finally realizing that, yes, even furries are able to connect what was said with what didn't happen....eventually?

I think he is aware of pretty much everything that's wrong with FA, but he puts up the wall of denial and/or goes through periods of refusing to admit it even to himself, instead burying himself in grandiose plans of things which will bring him immediate praise (and never come to fruition), annexing new territory to his tree-house empire and the computer game du jour.

Jim Demintia

• Posts like Kage drinks
  • Deflator Mouse
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2011, 06:15:24 am »
He's already slipped with the iron artist I think, since he said he'd be posting the first fruits on Tuesday, but here's Wednesday in America with no sign of it. I think he mentioned there'd been an ice storm, on the forums, which was delaying things, but still, it's not a good sign.

I can't speak to the weather in NoVA, but if that was the same system that was supposed to hit up here, I think it was far too warm (it was supposed to be above freezing here yesterday, and I'm pretty sure it was) for any problems to occur. Even then, the National Weather Service wasn't forecasting any significant ice accumulation.

But then again, the D.C. area is one of those places that freaks out at the sight of a snowflake, so who knows.
Could be the very same

Fiz

• nice
  • Cabalistic Fuckhead
  • E-points: +13/-1
  • no stop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2011, 03:52:33 pm »
Regarding Irreverent, I noted that Dragoneer didn't mention him as quitting, so I reckon that either he's de-admin'ed for a time for whatever reason, or he quit for reasons that Dragoneer doesn't want to mention (in public?).  Irreverent's main-site account doesn't show any external signs of activity since December 27th.

He also fails to mention Ahkahna, who has quit a few days ago. Witchiebunny doesn't mention Ahkahna quitting either in her journal. They both mention Dior though, which I had no idea was on the staff so I don't know when they quit.
pee

• E-points: +0/-1
  • Let The Seasons Begin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2011, 07:30:23 pm »
So did chase do anything as an admin other than wave his dick around about how he was an admin?

I was suspended (Banned?) by him after contacting Furrylupus.

I told him what would happen to him. He would be raped and beaten every single day of his jailterm, and that he would possibly die a pretty gruesome death there. Even if he survived, or didn't try to kill himself then, that would likely contract Hepatitus C, if not AIDS. He would be a punk. Someone's bitch. A bartering chip for cigerettes. A ragdoll. If not one of the inmate's ragdolls, than one of the guard's ragdolls. That he'd never recieve any proper medical treatment, should he ever require it. And that if he ever got out of jail, that his registration as a sex offender would ensure his being hunted down afterward. That whatever adress he was registered to would be vandalized eternally, if lucky. That all he'd get would be death threats all the time. Or if he wasn't, end up with a vigilante either burning his parents house down (if he could even live there) or outright kill him. That's if he wasn't warehoused outdoors by the state, like behind a government building, or under a bridge.

I told him the rest of his life would be hell, that his suffering would never end, and that, as honest, sincere advice: He should find the means to kill himself and just get it over with. That he should do so, by whatever means, while he still had the chance.

Much the same thing I've told others in the past. Only not directly on FA.

Chase banned me for that. And he protected dogfuckers in general, and banned anyone that harrassed them. He also protected friends outside of his bestiality interests and banned anyone that bothered them.
And it rips through the silence of our camp at night.

And it rips through the silence.

All that is left is all that I hide.

Pi

• POOR IMPULSE CONTROL
  • Posts like Kage drinks
  • E-points: +52/-11
  • <blink>yes hello</blink>
    • View Profile
    • Clan Spum userpage
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2011, 07:46:04 pm »
Dude with a number for a name shows up on a forum, says a lot of things. I'm familiar with this situation.

It's a matter of professional courtesy to ask: can you back up your words with convincing-enough evidence?
"we did farts.  now we do sperm.  we are cutting edge." — Theo DeRaadt

rodox_video

• Posts like Kage drinks
  • E-points: +57/-13
  • HURF DURF DUH BLUH
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2011, 07:53:44 pm »
So if this is even true:

I told him what would happen to him. He would be raped and beaten every single day of his jailterm, and that he would possibly die a pretty gruesome death there. Even if he survived, or didn't try to kill himself then, that would likely contract Hepatitus C, if not AIDS. He would be a punk. Someone's bitch. A bartering chip for cigerettes. A ragdoll. If not one of the inmate's ragdolls, than one of the guard's ragdolls. That he'd never recieve any proper medical treatment, should he ever require it. And that if he ever got out of jail, that his registration as a sex offender would ensure his being hunted down afterward. That whatever adress he was registered to would be vandalized eternally, if lucky. That all he'd get would be death threats all the time. Or if he wasn't, end up with a vigilante either burning his parents house down (if he could even live there) or outright kill him. That's if he wasn't warehoused outdoors by the state, like behind a government building, or under a bridge.

I told him the rest of his life would be hell, that his suffering would never end, and that, as honest, sincere advice: He should find the means to kill himself and just get it over with. That he should do so, by whatever means, while he still had the chance.

Chase banned me for that. And he protected dogfuckers in general, and banned anyone that harrassed them. He also protected friends outside of his bestiality interests and banned anyone that bothered them.

You really fucked shit up, you know that? The fucker is GONE now, and what infinitesimal chance there was of him being caught is destroyed. I mean, it was only a matter of time before he was discovered, with what he had swinging in the fucking breeze, but you sure took the time to make sure he'd change up and change up good.
Zeriara is part of a series on Whores.

• E-points: +0/-1
  • Let The Seasons Begin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2011, 08:40:51 pm »
So if this is even true:

You really fucked shit up, you know that? The fucker is GONE now, and what infinitesimal chance there was of him being caught is destroyed. I mean, it was only a matter of time before he was discovered, with what he had swinging in the fucking breeze, but you sure took the time to make sure he'd change up and change up good.

Shouts had already been made on his userpage indicating that he had been reported. Several, really. Clearly stating that the authorities were contacted about him. I did not change his awareness of police involvement as several had already gloated on his shoutbox.

And last I heard, lulz.net was keeping track of him on his new FA, and had also reported his boyfriend for failure to report a crime. And considering he was reportedly banned from beastforum, he had no access or ability to alter what evidence he left there. If nothing else, there has to be screenshots.

If you get any pleasure out of it, the fuck probably had a mental breakdown on par with Jeffery Larocque's after reading that. The same as his boyfriend. He may've tried taking my advice. His boyfriend may've done the same. If not, documentation of his crimes still exist and will (If his state takes this sort of thing seriously, unlike Mobianfox's) lead to an arrest. A conviction. Jailtime. Sex Offender registration. Either way, unless you preferred him alive and with his ass getting pounded by bubba: he's been taken care of.
And it rips through the silence of our camp at night.

And it rips through the silence.

All that is left is all that I hide.

rodox_video

• Posts like Kage drinks
  • HURF DURF DUH BLUH
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2011, 11:01:07 pm »
Shouts had already been made on his userpage indicating that he had been reported. Several, really. Clearly stating that the authorities were contacted about him. I did not change his awareness of police involvement as several had already gloated on his shoutbox.

Whatever. You sure didn't help by going to him directly.

And last I heard, lulz.net was keeping track of him on his new FA, and had also reported his boyfriend for failure to report a crime. And considering he was reportedly banned from beastforum, he had no access or ability to alter what evidence he left there. If nothing else, there has to be screenshots.

I read lulz.net too, you know. There was and is no such thread.

If you get any pleasure out of it, the fuck probably had a mental breakdown on par with Jeffery Larocque's after reading that. The same as his boyfriend. He may've tried taking my advice. His boyfriend may've done the same. If not, documentation of his crimes still exist and will (If his state takes this sort of thing seriously, unlike Mobianfox's) lead to an arrest. A conviction. Jailtime. Sex Offender registration. Either way, unless you preferred him alive and with his ass getting pounded by bubba: he's been taken care of.

If you think he had any mental breakdown of any sort after reading your little rant there, I think I have some bad news for you. And if you think any run-of-the-mill dogfucker like him is going anywhere near a sex offender list, I know of a Nigerian prince who could use some help with his money troubles.

Murderous Pacifist

• E-points: +2/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2011, 08:37:16 am »
I've never heard of Furrylupus, but, 834, are you the same one who posted the comment that I quoted at https://forums.vivisector.org/index.php/topic,448.msg4296.html#msg4296 (sorry, I can't find how to make a hyperlink that says 'here')? If so, is it true your case was the final straw that made Chase resign/be forced out?

rodox_video

• Posts like Kage drinks
  • HURF DURF DUH BLUH
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2011, 11:00:34 am »
The comment you quoted is from dq405/Mark Usk, this is a different alphanumeric dude.

an hoopoe

• Cabalistic Fuckhead
  • Posts like Kage drinks
  • E-points: +37/-21
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2011, 04:00:53 pm »
Someone on lulz made a thread which had a link to a pastebin containing a chatlog between Chase and Dragoneer from January 4th. Chase resigned on January 5th. It sheds a little light on why he might have quit.

http://lulz.net/furi/res/1629868.html

The TL:DR is that Chase visited Dragoneer's house and insulted his parents with "arrogant, fuckminded, brainadled shit" and that no one on staff liked Chase because he acted like "some power hungry cop/authority figure wanna be". Note that Sciggles played a small part in it.

Quote from: Pastebin log
Session Start: Tue Jan 04 20:30:56 2011
Session Ident: Chase
[20:30:56] Session Ident: Chase (FurNet, Dragoneer) (~chasevroc@96.47.145.170)
[20:30:56] <Chase> Arcana texted me and wanted me to tell you that she cannot delete anything until she gets home since she's currently on train. She should be back tomorrow sometime.
-
01[20:30:56] Chase is ~chasevroc@96.47.145.170 * Chase
01[20:30:56] Chase is a registered nick
01[20:30:56] Chase on @#furaffinity-core
01[20:30:56] Chase using kinglion.furnet.org Royal FurNet in Vienna, Austria, Europe
01[20:30:56] Chase End of /WHOIS list.
-
01[20:35:27] <Dragoneer> And she responded back to me.
[20:37:08] <Chase> Then I guess she was quite concerned if she had me come too.
01[20:37:42] <Dragoneer> Also, as an admin, you damn well should have told her to remove those traces. You knew she had that many fucking violations in her gallery.
[20:38:18] <Chase> I knew? I know nothing. I don't go through her gallery and I don't know what she has and has not traced.
[20:41:12] <Chase> How can you accuse me of knowing?
01[20:42:57] <Dragoneer> Even when Sciggles told you? Or when Nelty brought it up? Or when it hit FD2? Or when I told you and she got banned?
[20:44:53] <Chase> Okay, so now we're talking about the past?
01[20:45:10] <Dragoneer> Yes. The past. In... the past month.
[20:45:54] <Chase> In the past, when Sciggles and Nelty have spoken to her, I thought it was resolved. When Sciggles approached me again, we spoke to Recca and then I spoke to her about it personally. Then you suspended her and told her to remove any violations. And here we are now.
01[20:46:08] <Dragoneer> Ahh, right.
01[20:46:19] <Dragoneer> If that works for you.
[20:46:35] <Chase> I don't understand your statement.
[20:47:13] <Chase> You saying I know which images are taces, but that's simply untrue.
01[20:47:58] <Dragoneer> I'm saying she was told to remove all the traces from her gallery. She was. As an admin, especially living with somebody actively ripping people off for traced commissions, you didn't once think it a good idea to do... anything about it? At all?
[20:48:24] <Chase> Only hours after I spoke to her, you suspended her.
01[20:48:38] <Dragoneer> You didn't talk to her once in the entire month she was banned? OK.
[20:49:59] <Chase> I've told her it was not appropriate for FA what she was doing. I don't understand how I'm not responsible for the actions of another person. I don't monitor everything she does. I'm not her guardian.
01[20:50:02] <Dragoneer> Sciggles even says she accused Arcana in front of you, even pointing out traces on FA... and you did nothing.
01[20:50:11] <Dragoneer> Which I'd question, but other people back up her story.
[20:51:33] <Chase> I only recall 2 incidents. One which she and Nelty spoke to her and one where I spoke with her to Recca and then with her before you suspended her hours later.
[20:54:10] <Chase> What it sounds like to me is that you're accusing me of being biased in the past and at current, not taking action against a user for violations I'm not aware of because you assume I somehow know there are traces still and which ones those are.
[21:04:40] <Chase> Would that be correct?
[21:20:45] <Chase> You're really leaving me hanging here.
01[21:44:42] <Dragoneer> Are you deleting Arcana's gallery? Or is Recca?
[21:45:00] <Chase> Recca.
01[21:45:09] <Dragoneer> Interesting.
[21:45:33] <Chase> It is?
01[21:45:42] <Dragoneer> Yes.
[21:45:55] <Chase> How so?
01[21:46:09] <Dragoneer> Just is.
[21:46:34] <Chase> I was asked to nuke it, but seeing as how that's not allowable, I said no.
[21:46:40] <Chase> You never answered my question.
01[21:46:46] <Dragoneer> Nor will I.
[21:48:04] <Chase> That doesn't make any sense to me.
[21:50:32] <Chase> I believe I deserve to know whether or not accusations are being made against me by the owner of the website that I work for.
[22:33:02] <Chase> Alright, well, since you're not going to answer any of my questions, then I'll just say that I don't appreciate being grilled or interrogated like a criminal. I don't appreciate being held responsible for the actions of another person. I don't appreciate being accused, even if not openly but by how you're speaking to me, of being biased and not performing my duties. I don't like how you're
[22:33:03] <Chase> treating me as a volunteer of your website - a volunteer, like some of your others, who get treated like dirt by the community and trolled on a regular basis for maintaining your website.
[22:33:28] <Chase> I feel you've disrespected me as a person tonight and I'm not happy about it at all.
01[22:33:58] <Dragoneer> And I don't appreciate you telling my dying father "Hey, you opinion doesn't matter, you'll be dead in a few years. I have my whole life ahead of me!". You insulted my entire family, fucking shamed my household with the arrogant, fuckminded, brainadled shit you spat out. I never heard anything more offensive in my life, dude.
01[22:34:03] <Dragoneer> You came into my house and insulted both of my parents.
[22:34:58] <Chase> I may have insulted your father, by accident, but he was intentionally trying to insult me and start a fight, by your own account.
01[22:35:12] <Dragoneer> How the fuck can I even expect you to respect our users when you will bash the fuck out of my parents like that. What you did was so disgusting I don't even have words for it. I was biting my tongue so god damn hard that night, trying to pass it offf... but you insulted a dying man. I don't have words for that.
[22:35:45] <Chase> I had no idea your father was dying. You never told me any of that.
01[22:35:49] <Dragoneer> Did you know the entire admin staff hates you, for how you treat them and the users?
01[22:35:58] <Dragoneer> I've defended you and laid down on my sword time and time again for you...
01[22:36:06] <Dragoneer> And I invite you into my house, and this is the shit you pull against me.
01[22:36:34] <Dragoneer> You fucking disgraced me.
[22:36:38] <Chase> I wasn't aware anyone hated me. I guess they're nice to my face and bash me behind my back like cowards then.
01[22:37:01] <Dragoneer> Yes. Like cowards. Ahh, right. I guess that makes you man because, hey, you can bash people to their face.
[22:37:03] <Chase> You're nailing me for one thing, one thing, I said to your dad, when he was insulting me the entire time.
[22:37:24] <Chase> I liked both of your parents and ALL of your family and I told them that multiple times.
[22:37:46] <Chase> I guess your mother and father both said that they hated me as well then?
01[22:37:50] <Dragoneer> You were instigating it. "Oh, I don't need a job..." he was just curious, and you kept insulting him, and he ws getting fired up in return. God damn it, do you know why people like KP hate you? You fucking rub off against everybody like some power hungry cop/authority figure wanna be.
01[22:38:00] <Dragoneer> And this shit has gotten so far ridiculous... I don't even know, man.
[22:38:47] <Chase> All news to me.
[22:39:38] <Chase> I only insulted him once. I kept telling him how much I respected him and that my family was military as well and that I wished i could serve.
01[22:39:53] <Dragoneer> Oh, good. You only insulted him once. Totally makes up for it.
01[22:39:54] <Dragoneer> My bad.
01[22:39:59] <Dragoneer> TOTALLY DIDN'T SEE IT FROM YOU POV.
01[22:40:08] <Dragoneer> "Hey, you're dying, nobody gives a shit about you."
01[22:40:12] <Dragoneer> But hey, just one insult, right?
01[22:40:20] <Dragoneer> Really, man? Are you that fucking dense?
[22:41:02] <Chase> I already told you it's how I banter with my friends. He seemed like the type of guy who could take a joke until you told me he was an alcoholic, drunk and secretedly hated me the entire time.
01[22:41:26] <Dragoneer> On top of all the other problems you've brought to FA... you had to go and do that.
01[22:41:37] <Dragoneer> Oh, right, so he's an alcoholic? That makes it okay to bash him? Jesus fucking CHRIST, Chase.
[22:42:10] <Chase> I said I was BANTERING with him. Are you so blinded by anger you can't even see what I'm trying to say to you?
[22:42:21] <Chase> It was never my intent to insult or hurt his feelings.
[22:42:36] <Chase> And I apologized to both you and him for it.
[22:43:16] <Chase> All the other problems I've brought to FA?
[22:46:54] <Chase> So not only to ALL the other Admins hate me, but I've brought all these other problems to FA.
[22:48:25] <Chase> It sounds like I'm a curse on your life.

http://pastebin.com/Mrmmmrqx

Jim Demintia

• Posts like Kage drinks
  • Deflator Mouse
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2011, 04:32:15 pm »
[22:41:02] <Chase> I already told you it's how I banter with my friends. He seemed like the type of guy who could take a joke until you told me he was an alcoholic, drunk and secretedly hated me the entire time.

Am I reading that right that Dragoneer's father is apparently is an un-treated alcoholic (who continues to drink despite terminal illness) that was drunk while entertaining company? Cuz damn.
Could be the very same