Author Topic: Fun Furry Fuck Fest in Frisco  (Read 1198 times)

mexxy

• E-points: +0/-20
  • Anthropomorphic middle finger
    • View Profile
Confucius viewed woman as a thoroughly irrational creature often as difficult to deal with as servants.
- Max Weber

DJ_Izumi

• STOP POSTING
  • E-points: +1/-14
    • View Profile
Re: Fun Furry Fuck Fest in Frisco
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 02:13:48 pm »
Well... At least the advertise with a range of body types instead of just twinks and twigs...?

Pi

• POOR IMPULSE CONTROL
  • Postcount ate Whippany, NJ
  • E-points: +46/-10
  • <blink>yes hello</blink>
    • View Profile
    • Clan Spum userpage
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 03:13:10 pm »
I... actually don't think there's that much wrong with this? I mean, it's healthier than Kage's "NO THERE'S NO SEX IN THE FANDOM, IT IS FAMILY FRIENDLY" garbage.
"we did farts.  now we do sperm.  we are cutting edge." — Theo DeRaadt

mexxy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 10:59:13 pm »
I... actually don't think there's that much wrong with this? I mean, it's healthier than Kage's "NO THERE'S NO SEX IN THE FANDOM, IT IS FAMILY FRIENDLY" garbage.

Wow. we... agree on something?

Then he goes and buys young boys Zinfandel *gags* to try and get them all tipsy.

Yeah, okay.

BE HONEST about it, at least. And holy fuck, it's just sex. Why do so many people flip out?

I took over most of the marketing for this and am apparently helping them out.

I'm probably going to Hell, but I guess that was just a matter of time anyway.

I have unlterioir motives however. I wanna get a con here in SF.

It would be costly (especially at a place like the JW Marriott on 4th and Powell but that would be PERFECT).

The Citadel would be completely separate from the main con area and any adult stuff could stay there.

Maybe ALL adult stuff, I don't know.

I always just feel uncomfortable when there's minors around vendors selling dog dick dildos.

And people can have their cake and eat it, too.

Or they can just stare at it.

Or... who cares? Do whatever you want.

Dig dick dildos are not my thing, but... Well, okay I bought one BUT IT WAS FOR A FRIEND and it was a joke.

And it worked. He wasn't aware of the "no liquids over 3.4 oz" rule, with a bottle of dragon cum lube in his carry-on.

Imagine explaining THAT ONE to airport security ;3

Maybe it'll happen. Maybe it won't. This is a good test at least to see if people care.

I probably have the means to fund it but I'd want it to be in the green. And there are other means of getting capital.

It woud be A LOT of work and $$$. And FA's advertsing email is apparently fucked up.

I love how our scaffolding is based on people who run advertising campaigns or, I'm sorry... "donation" campaigns and then get "DDoS'ed" several hours later?

(I haven't looked into the specifics of it or what kind of attack it was, i.e. a SYN flood or something more complex. I really don't care, the site is a piece of shit anyway but the forums went down too which points to something more systemic than the app, itself... assuming they are separate. Or just utter BS).

I just want to run a panel called "Brother Ricky's Drunk Story Hour" where I get shitfaced and still manage to be more interesting than Kage.

Is that asking too much?

I mean, you gotta have goals ;3
Confucius viewed woman as a thoroughly irrational creature often as difficult to deal with as servants.
- Max Weber

Conan

• E-points: +37/-9
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2014, 05:51:59 am »
FA's email server was firewalled after the DDoS. I don't think they realize this as there hasn't been any mention of it.

As for the event... it's San Fransisco. I don't think this will be the strangest thing going on in the city that night.

greaseyote

• E-points: +5/-13
  • Uninitiated Rube
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2014, 05:09:45 pm »

As for the event... it's San Fransisco. I don't think this will be the strangest thing going on in the city that night.

Came to post this. It's long been my opinion that Anthrocon gets so much attention simply because it is the weirdest/only thing happening in Pittsburg ever.

Conan

• E-points: +37/-9
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 01:32:00 am »

Came to post this. It's long been my opinion that Anthrocon gets so much attention simply because it is the weirdest/only thing happening in Pittsburg ever.

Anthrocon gets attention because A) It's weird and B) It's literally the only thing that's remotely exciting that uses the convention center (Not even the local Comicon or Anime con uses it). I don't think the Ebola Symposium or the fracking conference will generate quite as much buzz as AC does. I'm sure the Pittsburgh Coal Conference comes close, though!

mexxy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2014, 11:04:02 pm »
Anthrocon gets attention because A) It's weird and B) It's literally the only thing that's remotely exciting that uses the convention center (Not even the local Comicon or Anime con uses it). I don't think the Ebola Symposium or the fracking conference will generate quite as much buzz as AC does. I'm sure the Pittsburgh Coal Conference comes close, though!

Emphasis on (A). It was suggested we could contact SF Gate or some other news site,  but as of now I don't even KNOW 100% what to expect. This is the first time anyone is doing this (it has been tried before, but fell apart due to drama. What a shock.)

There is some friction between the normal crowd and the whole furry thing, it seems. Not everyone though -- most have been really ool about it. I thought it was funny one of the people "running the event" (what that means I'm not sure; myself and one other fur offered to subsidize the costs if we are in the red)  refused to include the word "furry" in the official event discription because he didn't want the "usual crowd" to feel associated with the label. Needless to say, I had fun pointing out the irony.

Drama doesn't drive me away, anyway. I tend to just laugh at it. People sometimes care WAY too much though, and people have already left because of it. I'm just going to make sure it happens (and it's kind of silly threatening to cancel the event when it is the only thing going on that night and I have the owner's contact info).

Regardless, it's a furry event, and from what I've seen promoting so far I expect a good outcome. Most people I asked had either already heard about it or wanted to come. If not, who cares? It's more important people have fun and feel comfortable than taking a small loss, and a smaller crowd can mean just that. Otherwise, it might be overwhelming. This way, people will talk about it at Frolic and esewhere in good light. That's one reason I advocated so strongly for a social section (and I'm going to run a smoohie bar that's included, as well). I was about to rent a tank of liquiid nitrogen to make ice cream, but I think that's going overboard ;3

I only got one "yeah, not my thing" which was surprising. I was expecting to (unintentionally) offend a lot more people.

There's a dungeon area and all that, and it could be fun... but personally, I don't like doing "things like that" a) in a public setting and b) with people I don't know very well. That said, it could happen >.> There are one or two people going I kinda like. If I get creeped out I'll just head back to making smoothies. I doubt it though; I'm trying to make sure it's mostly furries (though I *did* plaster flyers all over SF and the public transit systems, so who knows?)

All the areas will be sectioned off, so if someone doesn't want to be part of A or B they don't have to.

There are also games, prizes, etc. so I don't forsee it being a giant orgy and that's it. (not really MY thing, either)

The one time I went to this place, we went to a discussion panel (it was some puppy play event) and there was a "play party" after, but I said to my friend let's skip that and I'll just tie you up to my bed, instead. He was a hot 18 year old and said OK. Who could really blame me?

Regardless, I'm excited. I'm investing hundreds in this but that's not very much and I'm not expecting to make a proft (it's non-profit anyway, but hopefully people will be reimbursed for expenses. Extras can just go to the NEXT event and maybe we can lower the cover since we got supplies and have a bit of capital).

If you're in the SF area, I'd highly recommend checking it out, at least ;3

And if you drink, Frolic is right after (though it's 21+ and not 18).
- Max Weber

unnamedpanda

• E-points: +0/-0
  • Another of Dr. Moreau's "Patients"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2014, 09:19:54 am »
At least this con makes no pretensions. It looks like it will be what it says on the tin, so to speak. I would like to know how it goes. This will not be the oddest thing going on in the city by the bay, for sure.
Unnamed Panda