Author Topic: OFFENDED! about dildos. Bad Dragon meets the Social Justice Warriors  (Read 2781 times)

Conan

• Posts like Kage drinks
  • E-points: +39/-9
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
Mark the date: February 7th, 2014. We have officially run out of things to be "offended" about. For that was the day that Bad Dragon released it's new horse cock "packers", causing one person to be OFFENDED ON THE INTERNET over the use of "Ebony" to describe a color.

The tweet that started it all:
@Bad_dragon Could you not with the fetishizing "ebony" color for your black packers? Please and fuckin' thanks.

They then go on to say it'd be perfectly fine if Bad Dragon had just used the term "black" instead (Note that they're not black, like the color "onyx black" they have on other toys, they're dark, dark brown), because slapping that label on a thick, long, imitation phallus that you put in your pants couldn't possibly ever be construed to have any ulterior meaning, nope.

@chirasul @Viral_Divinity I am not sure what's wrong with just "black."

Bad Dragon, of course, fell to the pressure of one person on twitter and vowed to look into changing the name.

At press time, "Ebony" still appears all over Bad Dragon's site, however the color picker now refers to it as "Chocolate Brown". I guess even small businesses that make animal penises out of silicone can get caught up in this whole "I am OFFENDED" thing now, too. Out of all the things to be offended about, they picked the one that will affect absolutely nothing.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 05:12:54 am by Conan »

ColonThree

• E-points: +17/-3
  • Not a cat
    • View Profile
Re: OFFENDED! about dildos. Bad Dragon meets the Social Justice Warriors
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 04:55:28 am »
I think it's terrible that bad dragon are just perpetuating the myth that all friesian's have massive dongs.
~Witty quote~

camellia sinensis

• Winner: Worst Username on Viv 2011
  • E-points: +16/-2
  • Drink me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 02:06:44 am »
Someone complained and they changed the name. Meanwhile OP wrings his hands about people being offended and misses the irony.

Spip

• E-points: +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 02:47:47 am »
I can sympathize with SpottyJaguar, really: "Ebony and Ivory" is as shallow as racial-equality songs get. But 30-plus years is an awful long time to still be traumatized.

LordNagetiere

• E-points: +12/-16
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 09:30:04 am »
Something really shouldn't be 'ebony' unless it's pitch black like the wood. That would be like calling some very light gray 'ivory'.

But I'm sure after that spat on Twitter that upset a female shopper they're playing it safe for PR complaints.

My suggestion: "Mandingo negro"
random gay furry art is broken , when will it be fixed ?

ProvincialTwit

• Abuse Dept.
  • Postcount killed Trogdor
  • E-points: +77/-33
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 08:13:56 pm »
Something really shouldn't be 'ebony' unless it's pitch black like the wood. That would be like calling some very light gray 'ivory'.

But I'm sure after that spat on Twitter that upset a female shopper they're playing it safe for PR complaints.

My suggestion: "Mandingo negro"

"Tuskegee Airman"

LordNagetiere

• E-points: +12/-16
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2014, 09:10:54 pm »
"Tuskegee Airman"

"This red-tail will leave your tail red!"
random gay furry art is broken , when will it be fixed ?