Author Topic: Art Site Project 5,206: "Commission Me"  (Read 674 times)

Conan

• Posts like Kage drinks
  • E-points: +38/-9
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
Art Site Project 5,206: "Commission Me"
« on: January 24, 2014, 03:26:14 pm »
Looks like there's another art site in the works, and it seems to be off to a decent start. With over 250 replies/reblogs on it's initial Tumblr post in less than two days.

http://thecmproject.tumblr.com/post/74241088260/hi-everyone-im-tucker-the-pinhog-and-im-here

The site revolves around a "commission management" system, which, based on what i've heard from people, is something in extremely high demand and could likely shake up the furry art site "industry". IF it gets off the ground.

I've been telling Weasyl to integrate something like this for a year but it hasn't been given any priority. {SFX: Sad trombone}

greaseyote

• E-points: +5/-13
  • Uninitiated Rube
    • View Profile
Re: Art Site Project 5,206: "Commission Me"
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 05:37:32 pm »
Furries will not use it because it isn't an explicitly furry run site with paw prints in the logo. Furries are fickle like that and treat the fandom like some secret society, i.e. we don't talk about furry with anyone unless you're one of us.

camellia sinensis

• Winner: Worst Username on Viv 2011
  • E-points: +16/-2
  • Drink me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 06:34:50 pm »
Furries will not use it because it isn't an explicitly furry run site with paw prints in the logo. Furries are fickle like that and treat the fandom like some secret society, i.e. we don't talk about furry with anyone unless you're one of us.

Thanks, 2004, your position has been duly noted.

If this site becomes an effective way for artists to push their work and profit from it, furry artists aren't going to stay off of it out of some perceived solidarity. 

BaconQuicheWithSpinach

• E-points: +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 11:22:33 pm »
Looks promising, but the site layout could do with some uncluttering of elements. I'm also dubious as to whether it will actually succeed, as sites like these are usually overpopulated with artists and less so with actual paying customers.