Author Topic: Project Phoenix  (Read 13239 times)

Conan

• Postcount ate Whippany, NJ
  • E-points: +37/-9
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
Re: Project Phoenix
« Reply #100 on: December 19, 2014, 05:46:21 pm »
The Phoenix code has now vanished from github:

https://github.com/FurAffinity

When questioned, Dragoneer stated on twitter that:

Quote from: Dragoneer
It was out of date and didn't reflect current Phoenix. We'll be posting it up again once a bit more work is laid out.
^
https://twitter.com/Dragoneer/status/545769477389168640

in b4 "current phoenix" is a different project (probably in PHP) that ended up ahead of actual Phoenix.

JTfurry

• E-points: +1/-0
  • Uninitiated Rube
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 19, 2014, 06:21:07 pm »
As someone who is currently managing a project that is open source, this is bullshit :p

Something is going off.

Conan

• Postcount ate Whippany, NJ
  • E-points: +37/-9
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 19, 2014, 07:21:41 pm »
Quote from: Viv IRC
[20:18:03] <_habnabit> 02:17:40 < charmander> Someone joined and decided D would be a better language for the project
[20:18:18] <_habnabit> 02:18:07 < charmander> I am serious, but that’s only the beginning of a wonderful story
[20:19:14] <_habnabit> 02:19:07 < charmander> Haskell and C++ were also attempted
[20:20:38] <_habnabit> 02:20:05 < charmander> It is some kind of big experiment to find a half-decent setup so other people don’t have to do this, maybe

So they're throwing it out and starting over again.

nrr

• Sean Piche Fan Club
  • Cabalistic Fuckhead
  • E-points: +7/-3
  • OMG SO CUTE ^__^
    • View Profile
    • lynxies :3
« Reply #103 on: December 19, 2014, 08:58:32 pm »
So they're throwing it out and starting over again.

I still have all of my old ArtPlz! code written in PHP from, like, 2005. I almost want to resurrect it and finish it up. Almost.
im glad the "I saw a furry IRL" thread is so good at bringing goons together

YOUR PARTICIPLES AREN'T THE ONLY THINGS DANGLING

ColonThree

• E-points: +17/-3
  • Not a cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 23, 2014, 08:21:36 am »
Quote from: Viv IRC
[20:18:03] <_habnabit> 02:17:40 < charmander> Someone joined and decided D would be a better language for the project

And just like that it's thrown out. For a guy that doesn't trust people easily, 'neer sure likes to fuck things up on the whim on a single individual. Perhaps it's his cousin, or the janitor at work, or his postman.
~Witty quote~

ColeTrain

• Stupid Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 24, 2014, 02:59:19 am »
And just like that it's thrown out. For a guy that doesn't trust people easily, 'neer sure likes to fuck things up on the whim on a single individual. Perhaps it's his cousin, or the janitor at work, or his postman.

Well whoever it is, we can fucking bet this person is very close to Neer if he decided to scrap the entire project because that individual told him so.

Whenever it's someone outside of his little clique of friends making suggestions, Neer goes out of his damn way to either villify the person who made the suggestion, ignore the advice, or do the exact opposite of it.
Whenever it's someone he's familiar with that makes suggestions, he'll do it right on the fucking spot without thinking "hey, should I be actually doing this or not?".

JTfurry

• Uninitiated Rube
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 24, 2014, 02:20:13 pm »
So what we need to do is day the opposite of what we want and we will get it?