Author Topic: poundsignAdventureCru: it's well furry (was re: Welcome to the age of stupidity)  (Read 3947 times)

Conan

• Posts like Kage drinks
  • E-points: +39/-9
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
Breaking this away from the RF 2013 thread because it exploded in the past 24 hours.

Before continuing, if you have no idea who the #AdventureCru is, watch these videos.

It seems the kids of the #AdventureCru got word of our mean, terrible words, and those in a thread on lulz.net, and went into full on defense mode over it. And I'm not kidding when I say "exploded", the amount of twats generated by this is enough to make it hard to even pick the best of the best. It's comedy gold.

Feel free to browse through some of these tweet threads.

https://twitter.com/Kablappy/status/385462250711953410 We start with the classic "YOU'RE SO JEALOUS WE'RE ACTING RETARDED HAVING FUN!!!"
https://twitter.com/PartyPrat/status/385466285535924224 Everyone who doesn't like AdventureCru is a 'greymuzzle'
https://twitter.com/Rawkz0rz/status/385457926262898689 It's one big family!
https://twitter.com/EvilSibe/status/385462204272615424 Sibe (yes, Sibe.) gets in on the fun and desperately tries to remain relevant.
https://twitter.com/S0LARPUP/status/385458991813648384 The "people talking positive" seemed to be AdventureCru themselves
https://twitter.com/S0LARPUP/status/385459073858428928 The classic "Can't hate it 'till you've tried it!"
https://twitter.com/CasmerYote/status/385513946318249984 Memes are over when a group of hipsters decide they want to stop shouting them
https://twitter.com/CasmerYote/status/385512476583796736 bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
https://twitter.com/CasmerYote/status/385464254163206145 Confused about what to do with the circlejerk of people that act like they've never left high school pretty party people.
https://twitter.com/ItsBrendaBanks/status/385513211383922690 we're all "nerds getting mad"
https://twitter.com/CasmerYote/status/385648267712675840 haterzzzzzzz guyzzzzzzzzzzzz.
https://twitter.com/hank_peters/status/385595664748392448 yeah well you know what is just as embarrassing as acting retarded with a bunch of people? fursuits, man.

Some of the 'cru decided to defend themselves on lulz too.

Can you honestly name one person that was "kicked in the dirt for the "lulz"" by the AdventureCru? I have experienced a load of social anxiety in the past, school sucked the whole nine yards. I felt like I was walking on eggshells every time I stepped out the front door. Something changed as soon as I met this "cru" though. Ironically we formed this cru as a form of protest over what you guys seem to hate so much. As we started to grow and grow I realized something, these guys are my family. I would do anything for these guys knowing that they would just do the same in a heartbeat. This is something I never really had the chance to experience growing up. These guys are a gift, something I would never give up for the world. We have grown off of each other more then we would have ever if our paths wouldn't have crossed. So give it a shot, come have a beer with us, see if we are really such bad people.

Quote from: Casmer
I don't actually know any of you people, so despite your negative comments, I'm not going to judge you if we ever meet.

I just have to say, that #adventurecru has done more to show love for one another with open arms to new friends than most furries can hope for. We all planned in our own ways to physically move our bodies to Seattle, a truly beautiful and liberal city, so that we could enjoy each others' company and live in the moment of our lives. For some, it changed our lives for the better, and we have learned more about ourselves than we ever would have had we not gone.

No one can stop you from trash-talking us, but it is our choice to be the people we admire and aspire to be near, our own furry family.

I don't quite understand why some of you decided to pick on Ben. It's disgraceful acts of hatred towards a truly wonderful person that will not be remembered tomorrow, but you will remember us for the good times we had without you
The last part is defending Ben/Benchilla who was being called out in the thread (and one of his videos was also linked to and apparently was not very well received!).

He continues
Quote from: Casmer
In my own words, #adventurecru is just a collective label we describe for a group of furry friends that meet at cons to basically have fun. Adventurecru grows every con every year because we aren't all that exclusive. There's a lot of different personalities that mesh and mingle when we all get together. Introverts and extroverts, artists, musicians, drunks, stoners, straightedge furs, leaders, followers, etc. It only seems as though there are members of an exclusive group because "newsflash", we have to sleep/eat/shower (something other furries refuse to do at cons). That means we have hotel rooms where we store our valuables and sleep. We don't have the space or trust for people who we really haven't gotten to socialize/know yet simply because we are rational people.

We go to cons to be around each other. We have the need to socialize and interact outside of the internet. That's why you see a lot of us running around in big groups, but that's not always the case. It doesn't really matter how adventurecru formed now. We've grown so much with each other at different times that it just doesn't matter as long as we're there for each other. There are plenty of instances throughout the con when I saw that these people supported each other. Prawst gets a lot of visibility for organizing really great panels that do not always appeal to every person in adventurecru, but he actually takes action in getting us all in one place outside of the dances. There is no leader. There is no hierarchy. There are only old friends and new friends in the right time and places to enjoy what is in front of us, each other.

And when I'm with these people, I can only see smiles. Smiles are as contagious as the con crud we share too. If #adventurecru inspires other young furries to go on out to their local cons and form amazing bonds

This whole thing is rather hilarious and the assumptions they jump to about anyone who doesn't agree with them are amazing. You'd think that if they were what they described themselves as, they could take the criticism and move on instead of shouting on Twitter about how someone on the Mean Website called them trustfund kids.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 10:32:04 am by Pi »

Pi

• POOR IMPULSE CONTROL
  • Posts like Kage drinks
  • E-points: +46/-10
  • <blink>yes hello</blink>
    • View Profile
    • Clan Spum userpage
I have a meandering story about a similar group. Try replacing "Kappa Smegma" with "poundsignAdventureCru" and "college campus" with "the furry fandom".

<Groot> I still think 'Kappa Smegma' is my vote for Good Phrase of the Month.
<Groot> Back when I was an undergrad, very few things were held in lower regard than Big College Greeks.
<Pi> yeah, they, uh
<Pi> colonized us
<Pi> in their own fucking words
<Groot> Just in case anybody in channel hasn't heard this:
<Groot> Couple years back during Rush Week I walked up to the frat recruiting table and spake thusly:
<Groot> 'As I understand it, the entire purpose of fraternities is drunkenness and bad behavior. But on this campus, those have always been universal. So what are you supposed to be bringing to the table?'
<Groot> They just looked at each other and didn't say anything.
<Pi> that says, uh, a lot
<Groot> So then I proceeded to excoriate them for not having a socially acceptable answer.
<Pi> ooh! ooh!
<Pi> (again) <Groot> They just looked at each other and didn't say anything.
<Groot> "Doesn't your charter have some blather in it about Community Service and Character or anything? What a bunch of losers."
<Groot> Pi: Good call.
<Groot> I mean, not even having a cover story!
<Pi> good thing their leper colony is dying out
<Groot> Oh, is it?
<Groot> Good.
<Groot> I like to think I convicted them of one of the ultimate student crimes: Inability To Bullshit.

Just because poundsignAdventureCru has the ability to bullshit doesn't make them any more or less of a furry frat for fucking trustfund kids. Sorry, thanks for playing, and try not to stand listlessly in the middle of high-traffic walkways next time.
"we did farts.  now we do sperm.  we are cutting edge." — Theo DeRaadt

an hoopoe

• Cabalistic Fuckhead
  • E-points: +36/-4
    • View Profile
From that lulz.net thread:

Quote from: an anonymous person on lulz
he goes by benchilla now. he's just the worst kind of person. Like that, sees people like you so they try to imitate you by getting into drag like you and imitating your mannerisms kind of person. also, never lets anything go which is amazingly annoying and he cant stop with his shitheaded "haters gon hate #yolo #imbrendabanks #instagay" attitude. he committed credit card fraud once, hacked someone's amazon account and ordered them a bunch of spice girls shit or something. i've basically cut him out of my life save for a few mutual friends.

Quote from: another anonymous person on lulz
The best thing about Adventure cru was collabing on a panel with prawst only to have it shut down by the con before it happened... Then he took all the stuff I contributed and used it at the next con that we both were at without attribution!

What a real stand up guy :-)

Quote from: some anonymous person on lulz
Benchilla was such a rude, entitled dude at FWA this past year. Dunno how anyone can stand him.

Credit card fraud, if true, doesn't seem like a truly wonderful thing. Not bothering to credit other peoples contributions to things is a bit naughty too.

rodox_video

• Posts like Kage drinks
  • E-points: +34/-8
  • HURF DURF DUH BLUH
    • View Profile
I recall that for a while Prawst was just dumbfounded at the concept of tipping. He made some idiotic post about how dumb it was, only to be quickly reprimanded by a good quarter of his friends list (probably because unlike him they have some idea what working in foodservice is like).

The post was deleted fairly quickly. He's actually fairly good on the delete button when it matters.
Zeriara is part of a series on Whores.

an hoopoe

• Cabalistic Fuckhead
  • E-points: +36/-4
    • View Profile
Credit card fraud, if true, doesn't seem like a truly wonderful thing. Not bothering to credit other peoples contributions to things is a bit naughty too.

Benchilla says that it isn't true, he made a post in that lulz.net Adventure Cru thread:

Quote from: Ben
In the interest of misinformation not being spread around: I'll bite.

>>2753381

Credit card thing isn't true. Explained it awhile ago here: http://waitwaitfixate.com/post/14904930088/alright-sure-this-too

No, I didn't start drag because of you. You're really conceited if you think that. http://ask.fm/BrendaBanks/answer/102875969745

I put hashtags on my Instagrams so more people can see them and give them likes, which boosts my Klout score and increases the chance of being offered free movie tickets. That's literally it.

Are you really going to talk about your trust being betrayed, when you're the one who engaged in a week long prank where you pretended you were in a polyamarous relationship with one of my exes and two other people, none of which you had ever met IRL, and spent hours upon hours convincing me something that ridiculous could even be true? Me being mad at you about that isn't me not letting go, it's because you were (and continue to be) too much of a sociopath to admit that was kind of a fucked up prank. I forgave the other person because they apologized. But no, not you.

I did the American Idol thing because it seemed like a fun thing to do. I never ever expected to make it past the preliminaries, or be one of the ten people out of 100s they would put in the episode (and obviously, I didn't -want- to be sick). I'm just glad it didn't actually ruin my life.

Also, coming at me for my appearance (I'm not happy about my balding ass believe me) is really weak when you don't even post pictures of yourself on the internet at all. Check yourself, seriously.

[...]

Pi

• POOR IMPULSE CONTROL
  • Posts like Kage drinks
    • View Profile
    • Clan Spum userpage
Honestly, I think what they're trying to do is distract from their shitty/destructive behavior around cons.

What kind of idiot "cru" gathers all their friends in an elevator and jumps until the weight sensor goes off? Who talks like this?!
Quote from: @adventurecru twitter
"Can't corner the dornerrrr!!!" - @ciscofur as he aerial spider twerks the handicap bathroom stall in lingerie during #DipsetRiot #RF2013
Congratulations, you can wear panties in a handicap stall and shake your ass while hanging from the ceiling. Furries just don't know how to ~handle~ this kind of party.

Or maybe some of us have grown up and don't get off on damaging other people's property.

yaykittens

• E-points: +0/-13
  • Uninitiated Rube
    • View Profile
Ummm.... What happened to pretending to be foxes and stuff?

Please go back to just being friends and having kinky con sex like normal, without some sort of incomprehensible drama about it, thank you :3

Pi

• POOR IMPULSE CONTROL
  • Posts like Kage drinks
    • View Profile
    • Clan Spum userpage

Please go back to just being friends and having kinky con sex like normal, without some sort of incomprehensible drama about it, thank you :3

It's a lot easier to have kinky con sex when there isn't a drunken frat running around without consideration for the people trying to get fucking laid.

magus

• E-points: +4/-0
    • View Profile
It's a lot easier to have kinky con sex when there isn't a drunken frat running around without consideration for the people trying to get fucking laid.

Prawst is apparently quite willing to abandon his girlfriend mid-lay to pursue the holy LOLRANDOM (http://www.furaffinity.net/view/10110941/) , so obviously nobody else is allowed to have such things.

So, we have these wackos posting video of themselves (ineptly) attempting to vandalize cars, and posting about fucking with hotel property. When do the preemptive bans start coming along? This is exactly the kind of thing that fuels your typical Conway hateboner.

yaykittens

• Uninitiated Rube
    • View Profile

Aww. :(  Well if your kink includes being a certain kind of slut... people running around bump into you and then you go places... I'm not going to say I have snuggled a couple of this cru, but I'm not going to not say it.  Judging the size of furry fandom it's a probability anyways ;) Hooking up with people you hate can be really hot. (Ask a bunch of smelly hippie girls I used to date!)  I don't really hate anyone though, more like... come on guys, you can be fun and silly and grown up at the same time! 

Pi

• POOR IMPULSE CONTROL
  • Posts like Kage drinks
    • View Profile
    • Clan Spum userpage

come on guys, you can be fun and silly and grown up at the same time!

I'm waiting for the part where you start describing hashtagAdventurecru.

yaykittens

• Uninitiated Rube
    • View Profile

come on guys, you can be fun and silly and grown up at the same time!

I'm waiting for the part where you start describing hashtagAdventurecru.

I don't know them but I don't think it would be flattering :(

rodox_video

• Posts like Kage drinks
  • HURF DURF DUH BLUH
    • View Profile
Honestly besides Prawst being a clueless child of privilege, most of the rest of the shit they do can be easily explained as just dumb kid stuff. They'll grow out of it or one of them will get seriously in trouble for some prank or another and have to pull out all of the stops to prevent themselves from suffering serious consequences. Plenty of people like that everywhere.

They're mostly noteworthy for thinking that they'd be a lot more interesting if they brought that shit into furry. They're even sort of right, as furry is the place for those who wouldn't be able to cut it anywhere else.

Pi

• POOR IMPULSE CONTROL
  • Posts like Kage drinks
    • View Profile
    • Clan Spum userpage
Honestly besides Prawst being a clueless child of privilege, most of the rest of the shit they do can be easily explained as just dumb kid stuff. They'll grow out of it or one of them will get seriously in trouble for some prank or another and have to pull out all of the stops to prevent themselves from suffering serious consequences. Plenty of people like that everywhere.

And until they do it, the rest of us have to suffer the consequences of being associated with these kinds of dipshit retards. Apparently they left crushed goldfish crackers ALL OVER THE ROOM where they held one of their dogshit panels. Con horror stories, indeed.

Conan

• Posts like Kage drinks
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
When do the preemptive bans start coming along? This is exactly the kind of thing that fuels your typical Conway hateboner.

Prawst is already banned from Anthrocon, but managed to sneak in at the very end of the con this year. He wasn't very quiet about it and almost was asking for Kage to do something, but since it was the end of the con I don't think anyone cared.

Something tells me the shit will hit the fan if that happens again. Judging by the date that Prawst got his ban letter, we might get some more laffs in a few months if the people who helped him get in (I believe he was using a borrowed badge) get banned as well.

rodox_video

• Posts like Kage drinks
  • HURF DURF DUH BLUH
    • View Profile
He never really cared about the ban. He's ghosted in numerous times because enforcing a ban at a convention of any kind is expensive and difficult.

FC tried banning Sibe from the convention premises many years back. They needed a restraining order to make it effective, and the court costs alone made them not bother in subsequent years.

yaykittens

• Uninitiated Rube
    • View Profile
When do the preemptive bans start coming along? This is exactly the kind of thing that fuels your typical Conway hateboner.

Prawst is already banned from Anthrocon,

ok that's funny, getting spanked for "pranks" before you can even start them.
Not quite on the level of the masters. :)

What are these kids even trying to subvert? Messing up hotel rooms at a thing organized by and for fans... it's like... oh look we shit our pants for a statement.

magus

• E-points: +4/-0
    • View Profile
Ah, yes, Conan, that's more or less what I was expecting the AC response to be. They'll ghost forever, of course, but it's a start.

What are these kids even trying to subvert? Messing up hotel rooms at a thing organized by and for fans... it's like... oh look we shit our pants for a statement.

You're not thinking ~hip~ enough. They're not actually trying to subvert anything (other than occasional potshots at 'uncool furries' and 'greymuzzles'), it's simply 'let's get drunk and fuck shit up for laughs', with a side of social media self-promotion. As was mentioned above, there's no substance or effort behind it. Which makes it cool to a certain set, somehow.

Come to think of it, maybe it's the self-promotion first and the laughs second. Can never take e-fame too seriously.

Conan

• Posts like Kage drinks
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
They legitimately think people are "freaking out" over them.

Quote from: Ben
freaking out about #AdventureCru is the furry equivalent of freaking out about Miley Cyrus: Why Do You Care So Much
It should be noted this comes from a guy who dresses up like the latest Hot Mess Celebrity at conventions. Why does he care about Amanda Bynes so much??? Because watching embarrassing trainwrecks is humorous to some? Who knows!

I took a look at the #adventurecru hashtag last night for the first time in probably a week and saw it was full of twats from Sibe. Because nothing says "Hip Cool Party People" more than a 30-something year old furry who was last relevant in the late 90's/early 2000's.

Pi

• POOR IMPULSE CONTROL
  • Posts like Kage drinks
    • View Profile
    • Clan Spum userpage
i wonder why these people haven't registered here to defend themselves

instead they just snipe at us on twitter