Author Topic: "Furlaxation" convention chair a registered sex offender  (Read 12166 times)

Conan

• Postcount killed Trogdor
  • E-points: +42/-11
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
"Furlaxation" convention chair a registered sex offender
« on: April 17, 2012, 01:37:50 pm »
It appears that Lightpaws, the "Convention Chair, CEO & Executive of Operations" of Ohio's newest furry convention "Furlaxation", has a secret. Vivisector dot org has uncovered Lightpaws, a.k.a. Christopher Todd Shirk, is a registered sex offender, charged with "Illegal Use of Minor in Nudity Oriented Material".

The connection can be made though the City of Deleware Municipal Courts system, where one Christopher T. Shirk, D.O.B. 02/15/1971, licenseplate "LGHTPAW" pleaded guilty to speeding in a school zone (TR/CR Case 12TRD00200)

The Franklin County courts provide more insight into the case (No. 2003 CR A 009058). Shirk was arrested in April 2003 on charges of "PANDER MINOR-SEXUAL" and "DISSEMINATE MATTER HARMFUL TO JUV". The case was dismissed but it looks like he was still made to register on the sex offender list, making me think the dismissal was part of a plea bargain.

The convention makes no mention of this on it's website, nor does it mention it on it's minor consent form.

Among the guests of honor for this year is one Dr. Samuel "The fandom is family friendly" Conway. I wonder if he even bothered to check these people out before signing on to be the "special guest".

Jim Demintia

• Posts like Kage drinks
  • E-points: +24/-6
  • Deflator Mouse
    • View Profile
Re: "Furlaxation" convention chair a registered sex offender
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 02:58:16 pm »
I suppose it depends on how he is registered - if he is allowed to be around minors. Unless he's violating the terms of his registration, I really don't see this becoming a thing. As for Doc Conway, we all know he's an expert at sweeping stuff like this under the rug and pretending it doesn't exist.

About the only way to force anyone in the fandom to care is gonna be to call up a local paper and see if they care. The Columbus Dispatch is probably your best bet. Don't bother with any of the alternative/local papers - no one reads them. Get an article in The Dispatch and you'll set the tone for media relations with furry, should Columbus' furry scene expand (and I think it will). If you were inclined to do such a thing; perhaps you don't like the largely deferential nature of the media in Pittsburgh.
Can it be this sad design
Could be the very same
A wooly man without a face
And a beast without a name

greaseyote

• E-points: +5/-13
  • Uninitiated Rube
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 09:46:36 pm »
It says on that website that he is "pre-AWA" meaning a lot of the conditions that apply to sex offenders may not have been required at that time he was arrested. And he was never convicted, which may limit the stipulations he must comply with.

Recordfinder

• E-points: +1/-0
  • Uninitiated Rube
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 11:18:44 am »
It says on that website that he is "pre-AWA" meaning a lot of the conditions that apply to sex offenders may not have been required at that time he was arrested. And he was never convicted, which may limit the stipulations he must comply with.

You can find all of his case information in the Franklin County court system. http://fcdcfcjs.co.franklin.oh.us/CaseInformationOnline/caseSearch?rJwgEvQL8COS8osIBmsb

CHARGES   (Disclaimer: The listed "Off. Date" may be inaccurate on cases filed prior to 10/9/92. This is the date the electronic docket for this case was converted to a new system, and not the actual date of the Offense. See docket entries below for Case History.)

Off. Date    Code    Description    Disposition    Degree
08/20/02   2907.323   PANDER MINOR- NUDITY   PLEA OF GUILTY TO LIO   F5
   Specifications:None
08/20/02   2907.321   PANDER MINOR-OBSCENE   NOLLE PROSEQUI - CHARGE   F4

Lightpaws

• E-points: +0/-0
  • Uninitiated Rube
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 03:29:36 pm »
First off you need to get your facts straight.

1. I am not the chairman of Furlaxation. I did help start the convention but because of this issue you all don't know the facts about I resigned the position.

2nd, None of you know anything about what your talking about here. This is one such case where I was victim of a corrupt police department and those who know me have seen the proof of it. This case is FAR from over and this time it's my turn to put them on the run with several serious law suits. I have never hidden this fact about me from anyone and those closest to me and all the conventions I have been associated with have been told about this record right up front, including Morphicon, which is located in Columbus Ohio.

So those of you know know nothing about Ohio law enforcement let me shed some light on the city of Reynoldsburg where this all started at:

After losing a career in IT from Y2K layoffs I had a house to pay for, it was about $130k home which I had a monthly payment of $1100 on. I resorted to renting rooms out to various furs in the community. This was my first mistake. Most people were cool, but one person I trusted with their word and their ID, turned out to have had FAKE ID's and they also admitted this mis representation to the police AFTER I had them arrested and removed from the house. This person turned out to be a 17 year old run away out of Oklahoma. Now with the police having conducted an illegal search and Seizure of property from the house, realized that had to cover their ass cause no crime had been committed. So at this point I had them for Illegal Search of a home and Illegal seizure of Property. Now even after this seizure of property the court system directed them they had 48 hours to conduct their search of the machine and if any length of time was require they were ordered by the courts to ask for an extension of time (which they never did). They held this machine for 8 months before they did ANYTHING with it (7 months 3 weeks and 5 days longer then they were allowed to have it). So now they broke the law in two more ways, Illegal Search of  Private property and VIOLATION of a court order. Their OWN documentation shows what was removed from my home. 1 computer with 1 hard drive and 16 cd-r discs, BUT when they sent the materials to the federal lab for processing and search there were now 3 computers, 4 loose hard drives, and 52 cd-r discs... (Added a little more to the pile here... if your not following this then your brain dead)  SO with their OWN documents I have them on Tampering with evidence and Framing an individual.

So this brings us up to about a year later after all this occurred. They decided to press charges. They never made any arrest, when I learned they were pressing charges I WENT to the jail myself and faced them. Each time they tried this crap I was there to check myself in to the jail, I KNEW I was innocent of anything. Now when the first occurrence happened I was denied Legal Representation and Denied my rights to have visitors... IN addition they did not read any meranda rights to me. So here are 3 more charges against them. Violation of Civil Rights, Violation of my right to council, and Violation of not reading my rights to me. NOR were any charges specifically mentioned to me what they were charging me with.

The court records show, the first court dismissed the charges. (Obviously that judge saw the bullshit they were pulling) So they changed the charges they wanted to come after me on and broke another law called "Double Jeopardy" and recharged me with a different crime under another section... Again these charges were dismissed. So they YET again tried to change the charges a third time. At this point I was sick of my job and life being disrupted over all this.. the attorney I had was worthless as shit on a counter top, and rather then risk going to jail over something that was total bullshit I accepted a plea bargain so that I could continue to investigate this treachery on the part of the police effectively even if I have to be labeled as something I am not.

So now 8 years have passed and I have gotten this proof I need to peruse the police in my efforts to put two corrupt cops out on their ass along with their families or what not. In order to stirr up the kind of hornets nest I will be I have to ensure that this matter is resolved .. meaning that this registration bullshit is done. There is currently a hearing coming up in the very short near future that will abolish this record as well as this shit on the registries and what not. I have proven my innocence and I am now in phase two of showing cops they are not above the law. I will have their badges if its my last thing I do in this life time.

So if all you who are reading this topic want to be as short sighted as some are then I really don't give a rats ass what you think. If you cannot see people who who and what they really are, if you only want to believe what is said about people without getting facts, then that's just too damn bad.. I'm not leaving the furry fandom, no matter how much you all spread this crap. YOU ALL are going to look like complete asses when this is all resolved.

ProvincialTwit

• Abuse Dept.
  • Admin
  • E-points: +79/-35
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 03:47:51 pm »
Lookit all dem words.

Sorry, child molesters aren't allowed on Viv.  'fraid I'm gonna have to ban you.

PS great job misspelling your own gmail account address trying to register your first account.  A+ would laugh again.

Fate

• James Woods with a Handgun and a Hardon
  • E-points: +9/-2
  • Talking Asshole
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 05:11:26 pm »
The police only have to Mirandize you if they're planning on asking you questions. Also please don't peruse the police - Children were bad enough, kidtoucher. We don't need you inappropriately touching anyone who has a firearm.

MazelTovCocktail

• E-points: +5/-2
  • You smell somethin', Rabbit?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 08:30:20 pm »
This is one such case where I was victim of a corrupt police department and those who know me have seen the proof of it.

Has a chimo ever NOT tried to use that line to defend himself? 
I don't like to hit little bitches with glasses, but when midgets step up, I stomp midget asses.

ProvincialTwit

• Abuse Dept.
  • Admin
  • E-points: +79/-35
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 09:25:32 pm »
Yeah it's almost like the police are out to GET kiddie diddlers.  Like it's against the law or something!

Spip

• E-points: +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 02:42:17 pm »
Arghjdbnjxbjnsdbjdljkgb oh come on I'm in the Columbus area too and the only remarkable thing about Reynoldsburg was when it had one of the last few remaining Arthur Treacher's Fish & Chips (no more). Corrupt police department? Gimme a break.

vigilante777

• E-points: +0/-1
  • Uninitiated Rube
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2012, 03:07:15 pm »
First off you need to get your facts straight.
corrupt police department

Pffft, you had me cracking up in laughter with this one.

Also, anybody notice that he's not denying that he did it in particular? He's mostly moaning about the police being corrupt and his former situation.

Fate

• James Woods with a Handgun and a Hardon
  • E-points: +9/-2
  • Talking Asshole
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2012, 08:21:29 am »
See, dude, if a police department actually acts improperly, then you can do what I and hundreds of other people did afterwards - Press charges against them and have 'em stick. Hard to do that from inside a jail cell. Kiddler.

The darkness within

• E-points: +0/-4
  • I'm the darkness within! No one knows about me
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2013, 10:52:23 am »
you all need to GROW THE FUCK UP your all acting like spoiled brats that need to have a switch taken to your bare ass! Jesus Christ!

ColonThree

• E-points: +17/-3
  • Not a cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2013, 12:53:23 pm »
you all need to GROW THE FUCK UP your all acting like spoiled brats that need to have a switch taken to your bare ass! Jesus Christ!

Signed up to defend a kiddie-diddler in a thread that's over a year old with a poorly-formatted bullshit response.

What a winner.
~Witty quote~

Pi

• POOR IMPULSE CONTROL
  • Posts like Kage drinks
  • E-points: +52/-11
  • <blink>yes hello</blink>
    • View Profile
    • Clan Spum userpage
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2013, 01:08:41 pm »

Dear The Darkness Within 70:

Thank you for your informative response. How is the weather near Monroeville this time of year?

I look forward to your earnest response,

Pi
"we did farts.  now we do sperm.  we are cutting edge." — Theo DeRaadt

magus

• E-points: +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2013, 02:24:41 pm »

I'm pretty sure bare kid ass is what got us into this situation, and none of us wants any more of that.

Except Lightpaw. He probably wants more. And you, sounds like.

greaseyote

• E-points: +5/-13
  • Uninitiated Rube
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2013, 11:38:26 am »
What seems to be lost on the guy involved is that it doesn't matter if he is guilty or innocent or what his story is... By doing this he jeopardized the good standing of the con with their hotel, etc., and put the reputations (both their furry reputations and their professional reputations, if they have any) of the other people involved at risk, should this somehow erupt into a media circus. It was wrong of him to not at least suck it up and disclose his legal problems to all involved before they signed on with the con.

And, a over a year after this came to light, it seems to just have recently erupted into a shitstorm with people quitting their roles within the con. Apparently, furry drama sometimes comes with a delay.

Kindrift

• Imported By Myth Fueled Alien Ships
  • E-points: +31/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2013, 01:23:22 pm »
Nrr pulled some Usenet history on the guy and dumped it on Lulz.

In 1996 I had the misfortune of becoming a personal acquaintence
of one Chris Shirk.  Over a period of months I thought I was getting
to know an interesting person, when in fact I was being fed a line of
bull that I'm embarassed to say I couldn't sense until things got to
the ridiculous.
     Chris told me (among other things) that he was John Kassir, that
he had been a WB animator, was engaged to Tress MacNeille and
fathered her child.  Naturally I was intrigued to become friends (or
so I thought) with a star from my favorite animation studio, plus I
would someday get to meet Tress (or so I...okay, no running gags).
     After some detective work on the Web, a call to the church of
a supposed wedding, and a visit with Chris' father I was able to
finally learn the sad truth.  Not that confronting Shirk with it brought
any admission of his lies.  Meanwhile I learned he was deceiving
more unwitting Tiny Toons fans on the 'Net, and self-righteously
flaming others.
     So I joined this online circle of friends sharing TTA fandom, and
when I testified about my experience, the eavesdropping Shirk threw
a public tantrum.  The best he could manage though was to squabble
over a silly fanfic co-written on his BBS and make the lamest legal
threats imaginable.  Through it all ran the amusing displays of his
feeble grasp of English and legal jargon, as he threatened to "file suite."
Hard to be intimidating online with the typing skills of a third grader.
     As result of all this it was terribly easy to translate the fiasco into
a parody song of the Animaniacs' "I'm Mad".  Knowing the song as
well as I do, the words practically wrote themselves.  It was a terrific
way for me to put the mess behind me, and I wouldn't still be a cartoon
fan at my age if I didn't believe that laughter is the best medicine.

Shirk has filk written for him.  Tiny Toons filk, written about his Tiny Toons drama.  After that yet still 15 years ago, Shirk was busy getting banned from Furrymuck for his pedophilic indiscretions.  The objects of Shirk's present lusts were born about 15 years ago.

Quote from: The Ghost Of Fandom Past
I know this fuck, and I know what happened.

He was obsessed over a girl named Kat. She was underage and moved into the furry house Buster was living in. Buster hit on her, was obsessed about getting her pregnant until the cops were called. A computer search later, he's locked the fuck up in jail. After that I thought for sure he was gone.

Now this creepy fuck shows back up as Lightpaws. I can't fucking believe this.

A new pseudonym and a decade later, furry sees him staffing meets and then a convention.  Here's one face of your dead gay fandom!
What if the pentagon has stored lost data of porn and yiff in it's data, has anyone over there saved about millions of porn data and art in it's computer drive? tell me more about the facts what they have in your opinions!

Katrina

• E-points: +0/-0
  • That Darn Nekomimi Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2013, 11:23:55 pm »
Anything new on this? This story seems familiar to me.

Conan

• E-points: +42/-11
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2013, 12:47:10 am »
Well, Lightpaws is still the convention chairman and there was some reports about drama after a bunch of the con staff quit at once.

Someone who has that information should post it here.