Author Topic: There ain't no party like a FurAffinity party  (Read 2542 times)

Conan

• Posts like Kage drinks
  • E-points: +39/-9
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
Re: There ain't no party like a FurAffinity party
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2011, 03:37:45 pm »
From Dragoneer:
f it's a charitable donation, what happens if you don't get those donor perks promised? Etc. etc.

To make things more interesting, the convention was being operated by the for-profit entities Ferrox Art, LLC and FA United, LLC. Unless they specifically stated somewhere that the gifts may be substituted or that they might not actually be available, there's a good chance they could get in trouble. That is, if someone decided to take it that far.

Jim Demintia

• Posts like Kage drinks
  • E-points: +24/-6
  • Deflator Mouse
    • View Profile
Re: There ain't no party like a FurAffinity party
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2011, 03:58:01 pm »
To make things more interesting, the convention was being operated by the for-profit entities Ferrox Art, LLC and FA United, LLC. Unless they specifically stated somewhere that the gifts may be substituted or that they might not actually be available, there's a good chance they could get in trouble. That is, if someone decided to take it that far.

Even if they did, I'm reasonably sure that taking people's money, not giving them what you promised them, and spending it (I'm sure that money has been long since spent), is not exactly what the legal profession calls "kosher". With no other remedy he'd have to give them their money back. Which would turn into an endless "Oh, not *this* month, sorry...got to pay off my previous cell phone balance plus these data overage charges...next month I promise!" At which point you either go to small-claims court or just roll your eyes in disgust and decide that FA:U4 will be the last time you give welfare money to Sean Piche.

Which, you know, if you've got some money to burn and you really like a convention...sure, go for the super-sponsor thing or whatever. The little goodies aren't really worth it; but that's not the point. It's more of a "support something you like" thing. But Christ people, this is a vanity con if there ever was one. It's just another stop on the circuit for most furfags. It's in freaking New Jersey. Would anyone care about this festival of sadness if it weren't associated with FA?
Can it be this sad design
Could be the very same
A wooly man without a face
And a beast without a name