Author Topic: New UI "Beta" is a half finished mess - The Sequel  (Read 384 times)

Conan

• Postcount ate Whippany, NJ
  • E-points: +38/-9
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
New UI "Beta" is a half finished mess - The Sequel
« on: April 05, 2015, 02:06:32 pm »
In late 2012 a "new UI beta" was shown off. It appeared rushed and half finished, with things like this happening:

Today, Dragoneer unveiled yet another UI beta, this time a functioning one that works on the main site. Take a look at that same set of buttons, modernized for 2015.

Yeah. The new UI is essentially a re imagined version of the current UI, just with fewer tables. The design is horrid and looks like it was designed by someone who has no idea how to design a website. Nothing makes sense.

For no apparent reason, he tweeted a picture of the 2009 UI preview and said that there was still a "long ways to go". But when asked what that means, he couldn't say anything more than "It's a concept".

EDIT: Just noticed two files in the source code, "ddmenu.css" and "ddmenu.js". These apparently belong to code you need to license to use, meaning once again Princess Piche threw money at a problem that didn't need money to fix.

venthewolf

• E-points: +1/-0
  • Pure yellowness
    • View Profile
    • My blog
Re: New UI "Beta" is a half finished mess - The Sequel
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 03:14:05 am »
Even though its a "responable design" it doenst even work correctly on a mobile phone. But hey they are working on it

Ketsuban

• E-points: +5/-1
  • Initiated Rube
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 11:48:14 am »
I notice they're using Google's font service (Open Sans). It's a little weird that Piche would splurge on a menubar but not fonts.

Pi

• POOR IMPULSE CONTROL
  • Postcount ate Whippany, NJ
  • E-points: +46/-10
  • <blink>yes hello</blink>
    • View Profile
    • Clan Spum userpage
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 11:02:06 pm »
I notice they're using Google's font service (Open Sans)

more like buttugly sans
"we did farts.  now we do sperm.  we are cutting edge." — Theo DeRaadt