Author Topic: SHOCKER!!! Yak out, replaced by Zidonuke. Also: Russia Blocks FA  (Read 7257 times)

winserv03fan

• Dumbest Username Award - May 2012
  • E-points: +4/-4
  • A Duck!
    • View Profile
Re: SHOCKER!!! Yak out, replaced by Zidonuke. Also: Russia Blocks FA
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2014, 10:13:25 am »
https://twitter.com/panderp/status/534347026226765824

So I guess a warning to FA users: Looks like FA's new sysadmin is reading+deleting your sent notes.

Remove your sensitive info from FA now.

It would appear that they are trying to clean out their databases of old notes, but it's just odd that not everyone's notes are being deleted, and why the hell start with notes?

Conan

• Posts like Kage drinks
  • E-points: +39/-9
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2014, 05:37:53 pm »
So the comments have been restored and the Trello card has been deleted.

Guess there wasn't a performance problem after all.

JTfurry

• E-points: +1/-0
  • Uninitiated Rube
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2014, 07:18:31 pm »
So because of how much drama and name calling there was and FA wanting to be so transparent these days, they removed the comments?

And now it has backfired?

kernel.panic

• E-points: +0/-0
  • Uninitiated Rube
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2014, 08:05:04 pm »
Hahaha oh wow... I had sworn off giving a single fuck about FA's admin drama and FA in general, but this is just so special and amazing I couldn't resist...

I mean with Chase and Zaush they set the bar high, but they've really outdone themselves this time... We should start a betting pool on when and how hard the entirety of FA gets owned when this fuse runs out. I'll give it 6 months, max, and at least the proof that FA still stores passwords in plaintext.

So just going on a hunch here, while he's clearly not the most trustworthy individual, I'd actually believe his claim that he's a coworker of dragoneer's, given FA's crony track record... which kinda makes me wonder, does anyone know where Dragoneer works, and do you suppose their CIO, CEO, or IT Director are aware that they hired a guy with a long history of talentless backdoor hackery and using it to sabotage every side employer he's ever had? Because I'd wager 3 days of FA dev progress to an Apache nuke & pave that even if he thinks his intentions are noble and don't include sabotaging his employer, that he's enough of a creature of habit to put backdoors in all over the place that his higher-ups would love to know about.

Not suggesting doxing anyone here, just saying... I wonder.

an hoopoe

• Cabalistic Fuckhead
  • E-points: +36/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2014, 02:53:54 pm »
Dragoneer's defending Zidonuke to the hilt on twitter:

& various other tweets defending him he is making. Some people seemed very confused why Dragoneer is hiring someone with such a record to work on his "baby".

Dragoneer has completely failed to address questions people have asked him about transparency in the light of his sneaking Zidonuke onto FA as a secret administrator for a year and then concealing Zidonuke behind the starrykitten account.

Edit:

Fivel on FA made this comic, about this matter, on "How FA deals with a crisis" :

^
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/15035122/

Starrykitten/Zidonuke turned up in the comments to roll with the punches/antagonize people:

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/15035122/#cid:89779892
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 05:43:26 pm by a pigeon »

Conan

• Posts like Kage drinks
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2014, 04:00:39 am »
"FA's my baby."

"Sorry I didn't feed my baby, I was ~moving~ for the fourth time in three years."
"I begged for people to buy my baby some clothes a year and a half ago, but I just left them all on the shelf and never used them."
"I put this child molester in charge of caring for my baby, because he's good with children and ~what happened in the past is in the past~"

You get the point.

And yeah, the "I can't trust anybody" followed by "I can trust the guy who's screwed over several other projects" is another sign that Piche is losing whatever remaining grasp on reality he has left. 

Kinda makes me wonder what will happen if/when Zidonuke does something. Would he finally quit? Would he even have a choice?

EDIT: It may be three years after the fact, but Furocity admins involved with the Furocity/FA "merger" are still coming out of the woodwork to talk about the poor management they witnessed while on staff.

an hoopoe

• Cabalistic Fuckhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2014, 04:55:06 am »
EDIT: It may be three years after the fact, but Furocity admins involved with the Furocity/FA "merger" are still coming out of the woodwork to talk about the poor management they witnessed while on staff.

Worth a quote here:

Quote from: Doodlejudge
As a former FA admin who was trying to campaign for more transparency from the rest of FA staff, I find it absolutely HILARIOUS that they are still having problems with being transparent. It's really not that hard: make a decision, be honest about why you're making that decision, and then tell the users HONESTLY how you came to that decision. I'm not going to be a bleeding heart and claim that FA is a democracy. The users have pretty much no say in how the site is run at this point just because of the shear volume of traffic that the site gets.

I will say, however, that the culture fostered by main site admins and forum admins is incredibly toxic and unfriendly to newcomers who aren't already their friends or who want to actually enact effective, beneficial change. Other admins would constantly and incorrectly handle trouble tickets that didn't fall under their purview and when one of the other new admins called them out on it in a private chat, that private chat was posted publicly in an attempt to shame the newbie into submission. Forum admins would repeatedly tell main site admins how to do their jobs "correctly" which usually entailed hiding information from users or outright deleting comments and submissions without telling the users why. This combined with an AUP and TOS that were(are?) abysmally written and filled with loopholes, made being an honest and upstanding admin incredibly difficult and frustrating.

Basically, every time the new admins tried to give the users more honest and complete information about how the staff worked behind the scenes, we were lambasted and ridiculed by forum staff and senior main site staff or our decisions were reversed altogether by senior main site staff. Eventually, all of the new admins including myself were doxxed. I took that as a sign that our presence wasn't welcome as staff any longer so I stepped down. Obviously, I can't prove who did the doxxing. I just felt it was better to be safe than sorry and I'm just flat out disappointed at how even further down hill FA has gone since then.

Quote from: Doodlejudge
Honestly, I'd rather not start calling out individuals who are also no longer staff members. When I left, I wasn't thinking about saving ammunition for later because I didn't think it would make a difference at the time. It really came down to their expectation that we, as new admins, would tow the line and become all buddy buddy with current staff and the current staff's friends, giving them concessions and doing whatever they wanted us to.

On the other hand, we signed on under the impression that we were there to do a job, not to schmooze with FA management to make sure we and our friends had the sweetest deal. If the admins of the site treated FA like an actual work place instead of a nepotistic hugbox, the site would be much better off.

I'll go into a bit more detail here:

When I was on staff, we had groups of admins for each type of trouble ticket and I'm pretty sure we managed to get the total TT numbers below eight hundred. Though I could be mistaken about that exact number, the total was much lower than it had ever been before and since. The main problem was, forum staff were still trying to handle main site trouble tickets in the same way they did before we arrived, which was sloppy at best and completely unprofessional at worst. We also had an incredible number of disagreements about how to uphold the terribly written AUP and TOS because a lot of those policies had many, MANY interpretations and Dragoneer would often waffle back and forth indecisively about which interpretation was the correct one. Sometimes he or other senior staff would blatantly reverse our actions on a TT that we had closed out without notifying us because they didn't agree with how we handled it (even though we were usually only following their previous instruction). Senior staff would badger us about signing in to IRC during our free time for pointless and frivolous chatting that had nothing to do with managing the site. Many of us elected not to bother with IRC at all and were ridiculed for it. One of the other new admins told me after we had stepped down that one of his deletions of an obviously offending submission had been undone simply because the user in question was a friend of a senior staff member. I can't verify his claim, though, so you should take it with a grain of salt.

In short, if you weren't friends with the entirety of FA staff before you signed on, they forcibly tried to make you join their clique through shame and ridicule. If you just tried to ignore them, hunker down, and do your job as an admin, they made it as difficult as possible for you by flip-flopping their decisions or making you look incompetent by reversing whatever administrative action you had taken.

an hoopoe

• Cabalistic Fuckhead
    • View Profile
Re: SHOCKER!!! Yak out, replaced by Mystery New Person. Also: Russia Blocks FA
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2014, 05:40:09 pm »
Zidonuke has now, supposedly, left the team and no longer has acess to FA anything and his userpage has been disabled, removed from the staff page etc.  But could it not be likely that he is now simply back to working in secret?

Anyhow, following up on this, where Zidonuke said he was a hidden admin for a year:

^
http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/6265766#cid:43155642

Dragoneer claimed on Twitter today that Zidonuke had not been an admin:

Though as you see he admits that he worked with them and coded, and if he was given access to certain things I assume he didn't need an @ on his FA account anyway.

kernel.panic

• Uninitiated Rube
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2014, 09:51:23 pm »
Update:
This status was apparently displayed briefly on the site today (according to twitter):

However as of now that is already gone, and replaced with a link to an older FA journal making the original announcement of bringing StarryKitten on (as if nothing since had happened... hopeful much?)

Given the claims that zido had been a Secret Staffer™ for over a year before the announcement made it public, my money's is that neer posse all went running into the back room after this uproar like
Quote from: neer
Woah, woah guys.. okay, people really don't like you, so we need to say you're not with us anymore, and try to keep your involvement low-key until things calm down a little
as is his apparent solution to many such problems, since he has no fucking idea what he's doing.

ProvincialTwit

• Abuse Dept.
  • Postcount killed Trogdor
  • E-points: +77/-33
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2014, 11:06:24 pm »
PR's bad.

Unless it's Neer's attempts at PR.  Then it's hilarious.

Conan

• Posts like Kage drinks
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2014, 01:36:36 am »
Dragoneer claimed on Twitter today that Zidonuke had not been an admin:

Though as you see he admits that he worked with them and coded, and if he was given access to certain things I assume he didn't need an @ on his FA account anyway.

He's right. Zidonuke wasn't and administrator... in the traditional sense. He was not expected to answer trouble tickets relating to ToS/AUP violations. 99% of the time you mention someone is a "FA Admin", that's probably what they'd think about.

No, instead, Zidonuke had greater access to people's private information (if we believe the past claims that the ability for admins to view notes has been locked down) as he had access to the database.

What a maroon.

ColeTrain

• E-points: +1/-0
  • Stupid Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2014, 03:13:09 am »
Zidonuke has now, supposedly, left the team and no longer has acess to FA anything and his userpage has been disabled, removed from the staff page etc.  But could it not be likely that he is now simply back to working in secret?

AFAIK even when the userpage is supposedly "disabled", the page's owner can still use it to post journals, submissions and favorite stuff, and watch people-it's just that the page is hidden from view. So yeah, he's definitely still around and still has access to FA, I bet.

Conan

• Posts like Kage drinks
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2014, 01:36:17 am »
The Trello page is back up, and Charmander, the person who was working on Phoenix (and is still listed as a Weasyl developer!) has been added to it.

So to summarize: Dragoneer can't trust anyone except a hacker and someone who works on a competing site.

winserv03fan

• Dumbest Username Award - May 2012
  • E-points: +4/-4
  • A Duck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2014, 11:20:28 pm »
Some really interesting news. If this is all true, holy shit:
http://www.reddit.com/r/furry/comments/2n4uis/furaffinity_and_zidonuke_drama_part_iii/

tl;dr
[7:57:40 PM] Illuminasky: You are going to have to believe me here, the best I can show you here is Pastebin logs.
[7:57:49 PM] Illuminasky: But Zidonukes plan is to actually kill FurAffinity.
[7:58:08 PM] Illuminasky: We both discussed a plan to take out Dragoneer and reverse engineer our selves into FurAffinity.
[7:58:25 PM] Illuminasky: But, he became attached to me, and wanted to date me, and it all got strange.
[7:58:33 PM] Illuminasky: If you want me to go into anything deeper, let me know.**

Conan

• Posts like Kage drinks
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2014, 03:20:57 am »
http://www.reddit.com/r/furry/comments/2n4uis/furaffinity_and_zidonuke_drama_part_iii/

tl;dr
[7:57:40 PM] Illuminasky: You are going to have to believe me here, the best I can show you here is Pastebin logs.
[7:58:08 PM] Illuminasky: We both discussed a plan to take out Dragoneer and reverse engineer our selves into FurAffinity.
[7:58:25 PM] Illuminasky: But, he became attached to me, and wanted to date me, and it all got strange.
[7:58:33 PM] Illuminasky: If you want me to go into anything deeper, let me know.**

For what it's worth...

There appears to be a huge spike in the thumbnail load times around the same date as

[11/8/2014 3:49:23 AM] Zido: lol its maxing out the CPU on the thumbnails server
[11/8/2014 3:49:29 AM] Zido: you found a mini ddos
[11/8/2014 3:50:01 AM] Anon: Site is 100% Unresponsive.

So at least that part appears to have some truth to it

ColonThree

• E-points: +17/-3
  • Not a cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2014, 03:28:30 am »

FA still has unfixed bugs and Phoenix is a mess, news at 11. Here's Squirtle with the weather. Is there anything in that hot, steamy mess that isn't just talk? "But Zidonukes plan is to actually kill FurAffinity" - How? Why? When? Surely you'd keep logs of that.
~Witty quote~

an hoopoe

• Cabalistic Fuckhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2014, 05:00:22 am »

In the comments, yet another ex-FA administrator comes forward:

Quote from: FancySkunk
Well I guess I no longer have to be mad that Dragoneer ignored my requests to return to staff after he had specifically told me I'd be taken back whenever I was ready. This shit is far beyond anything I'd ever want to be associated with. It was readily apparent that the site had problems, but (at least during my time) it really did seem like the goal was to make real improvements going forward. None of that has happened.

The same sorts of PR blunders are happening again and again, as well. Even before the whole transparency thing was put out there, there was a push from lower staff members (I believe all of whom are now gone) to stop trying to hide shit from users. Remember when Chase came back to staff hiding under a different name? The site staff was told about it ahead of time, and several of us specifically said "Hey, this is a stupid idea. The users are going to figure it out and then the 'Chase is back' shitstorm becomes the 'Chase is back and also we didn't want you to know it' shitstorm.' Better to nip it in the bud." It fell on deaf ears, and then to no one's surprise, the concerns were right.

It never felt like Dragoneer was actively trying to do anything against the userbase, though. It moreso felt that he was either too trusting (stories of paying for a recode and having the money just taken), or too just unable to get ideas in motion (see: the site's complete stagnation). If funds truly are being misappropriated on this grand a scale then I'm disappointed in myself for having had no ability to read into the character of the people running it.
^
http://www.reddit.com/r/furry/comments/2n4uis/furaffinity_and_zidonuke_drama_part_iii/cmaifku

Yet again another ex-member of FA staff confirms that Dragoneer never learns and repeats the same mistakes time and again. The "stories of paying for a recode and having the money just taken" is interesting. Anyone know anything more about that?

Dragoneer has been talking about bringing on new members of staff to deal with TTs for years, and there is an ex-admin who says that Dragoneer ignored his requests to return. Also note that FancySkunk says Dragoneer is too trusting. Now Dragoneer did say on twitter that he trusts no one, so I suppose that Dragoneer is both too trusting of people if they are (or he thinks they are his friends), and distrustful of everyone else, and he turns on people very quickly.

Another comment, which I thought probably sums up how a lot of people who use FA feel about the site at this point:

Quote from: ASleepyDogLiesDown
Its strange, all of this information coming out of the wood works - for the first time in forever we're getting a clear view of just what kind of nightmare FA is passed its general use and the biggest, most off-putting issue for me is that rabbit hole goes down so far.

Its a fucking furry art website, this shouldn't be even half as convoluted as it is and yet here I am trying to follow DiCaprio down through the layers of this catastrofuck. I've "left" FA before, but returned because my favorite artists didn't want to keep up with multiple site postings and thats completely understandable and fair. But this, christ. I feel like FA is teetering on the edge of shear cliff and the ones trying to keep it from going over are a boys club of incompetent assholes who couldn't run a donkey show if they were issued a instruction manual written by the people who do the "For Dummies" series.

The second most startling fact is the debt. 25k in debt and donations are either mysteriously MIA or being thrown at hardware that doesn't see use passed the shelf life of canned pears, leaves more than a bad taste in my mouth. I've been using this site for how long? This site has been the hub for artists in the fandom for how long? For fuck's sake, Neer. Why dont you just file for bankruptcy, dump some kerosene on the bitch and throw a lit match. Issue fucking apology for being the furry world's rightest cunt on twitter and let someone else build from the ashes. Wash your hands of it, walk away and get your life back on track.

In the meantime, I'm going to start seeing if my favorite artists have their posted work backed up and ask if they need me to make one. Should this ship finally snap in half and sink under the weight of the incompetence shown by FA's brass, good people should be afforded life rafts. Hopefully the leading cliche will stow the little dignity they have left and disappear with the vessel.

This is maddening.
^
http://www.reddit.com/r/furry/comments/2n4uis/furaffinity_and_zidonuke_drama_part_iii/cmafb60

My bolding.

rodox_video

• Posts like Kage drinks
  • E-points: +34/-8
  • HURF DURF DUH BLUH
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2014, 09:42:29 am »
c-
Zeriara is part of a series on Whores.

Dima

• E-points: +7/-2
  • Inadequate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2014, 11:38:43 am »
[–]Hasky1234 1 point 3 hours ago
I'd also like to add, I AM NOT PRO FURRY IN ANY WAY, IM ACTUALLY WORSE THAN ZIDONUKE http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hasky

Going by his wikifur, I'd say that Hasky definitely behaves like his age.

ohboyherewego

• Uninitiated Rube
    • View Profile