Author Topic: Floebean throws the first punch in an internet fight  (Read 2290 times)

an hoopoe

• Cabalistic Fuckhead
  • E-points: +36/-4
    • View Profile
Floebean throws the first punch in an internet fight
« on: September 22, 2014, 10:53:04 am »
One Floebean (a guest of honour at the last Mephit Furmeet) complained, on twitter, about a youtube animated video, put out by a webcomic called "Bedfellows", which jokes about rape:

The Bedfellows artist drew this picture in response to Floebean:

^
https://twitter.com/TheBedfellows/status/513689298395475969

Floebean was upset, and other people started tweeting about the matter. One person said to the bedfellows artist that "lmfao you are literally a garbage can in human form this is amazing", to which the bedfellows artist responded with this picture:

^
https://twitter.com/TheBedfellows/status/513718451324465153

Someone critical of TheBedfellows drew this:

^
https://twitter.com/averycutedog/status/513734438405292032/photo/1

A thread was made on lulz.net where people discussed this matter:

http://lulz.net/furi/res/3005637.html

Ex-friends/acquaintances of Floebean came forward to make allegations including Floebean being an anti-semite and a "self-defeating vacuum of drama no matter where they go". These people didn't support the Bedfellows comic, but rather said that they felt Floebean was getting a taste of his or her own medicine:

Oh floe~ I've known her for many moon. She's cheated on essentially all of her boyfriends. This whole "poly" thing is only so she can sleep with multiple men at once. She talks shit about someone all day behind their back and then smiles right to their face. She bullies people who disagree with her and gets all her followers on twitter to go after them by constantly playing the victim, and if she gets called out on it, she'll just scream even louder how she's a victim.

She's also fairly anti-Semitic. I can recall her previous boyfriend mocking a Jewish person for the Holocaust at AC08 while she sat and laughed. Later, when talking (read: yelling) at the same person, she called them a "typical rich spoiled Jew." She has a fat fetish but isn't open about it (in public at least). However, while in the presence of a fatty, she'd constantly say how "funny it would be if you sat on me haha wouldn't that be funny so funny you should do it because it would be so funny......" She bandwagons like nobody else, radically changing her entire outlook on life within months, if not weeks, just to fit in. She thinks it's funny to laugh and joke about her short-comings with commissions; she's owed a plethora to people on FA but keeps not doing them and then tweets something like "logs into FA, sees notes about commissions, logs out. I'M AN ADULT!!!! I'M 12 LOL."

Another individual, BillTheSetite (aka Woulf), posted nudes of her on some SA Helldump thread years ago, but after he said SOWWY she became best buds with him. You may think Hey wow that's adult of her, but no, it's because his father has money which he gives to Woulf who then pays for Floe to go to cons (for airfare, hotel space, food and drink and weed, etc.) In fact, she recently tweeted about this, saying she thought she would warn people about him since he did this and then would expect sex from the woman in return. Of course, she didn't call him out, essentially allowing a potential rapist to walk free. Tsk-tsk... She has no interest in getting gender reassignment surgery, meaning that she wants you to know her pronouns while still being a biological female. She would tweet how angry she is when someone at a restaurant would call her "Ma'am" and how she'd struggle to resist the urge to yell and scream and assault them.

There's more shit to post (waaaaay more) but this is enough for now. I got shit to do anyways. The point is, she is a pretty terrible person. I used to have faith that she was just going through a phase and would grow/mature out of it. She does have a job and maintains a home and has an adorable kitten. That is to say that she's not mooching money off her parents, so at least there's that. But she insulates herself into echochambers, circlejerking with all her friends about how right they are about everything, and if anyone questions her about anything, they're immediately vilified.

Not checking grammar/spelling, sorry.

tl;dr Fuck dis b

Quote from: unf
ohmygooddd, can verify p much everything Priscilla Cacklefoot said. She loves drama and goes out of her way to cause it - I'd put money she's reading this right now and getting pumped up because people are talking about her.
She's got a core group of men who are either dumb or waiting in line to get some that go to battle for her whenever the shit gets stirred, as soon as she's called out it's the whole "woe is me people are mean I'm so frightened!" act and these idiots RUSH IN TO PROTECT.

The whole SJW act is incredible. This is the same person who used to make fun of handicapped people, go on about how it's so much easier to "be a girl and get men to do things for you", and make fun of socially awkward furs to their face at conventions.

Getting this pissed about rape jokes is even funnier because she loves getting tied down and choked / puppy play bullshit.

I feel a little guilty wishing bad on anyone but sometimes it's good to see shit things happen to shit people. You cant fuck over as many people as she has and expect to be in the right.

PS that helldump thread with Neco was fucking hilarious, the only people in the world dumb enough for each other are those two.

Floe's always been nuts. She used to have her livejournal hugbox where she'd shit on all of her lovers (that she cheated on) to try and turn any mutual friends against them. Now she has her twitter hugbox and goes after random people she doesn't even know in real life. I had some fun times hanging out with floe, but now I'm just terrified of her. Question her the slightest bit and get ready for a callout thread and more dung thrown at you than a visit to the monkey pen.

Who really wants to be on the receiving end of an internet circle jerk whether they care about the people or not? Floe's probably enjoying this thread about as much as I'd enjoy having their people doing this same sort of thing via social media. I don't feel bad for Floe in this case because they do exactly what this thread is doing on a weekly basis and have ZERO comprehension of what they're really doing. Hey Floe, I'm sure you're reading this so how about you stop calling out names so that your followers can harass whoever your target of the moment is? Bedfellows is trash and anyone with a bit of maturity saw that a long time ago. They didn't need you to tell them, all you did was throw the first punch in an internet fight followed by playing the victim card when you got a bloody nose.

250+ posts later and only one post in support of it. Bedfellows isn't funny, floe is.

Someone in the lulz.net thread said: "Is this a cuck thread now? Please let it be a cuck thread!".

Floebean responded to the thread by making his or her twitter private and putting something in the profile which was allegedly about how he or she had been cheating on one of his or her many boyfriends (Firr, so it was claimed in the thread) and hated him:

He removed all reference to Floebean from his twitter profile also, but then they got back together again within hours.

Floebean said that he/she would draw sketches in exchange for donations to RAINN (an anti-rape charity) and raised $130 thereby, someone who had been raped, said in response to that:

Can I just say as a victim of rape the fact that they've drawn rape play, are currently speaking over rape victims and are using donating to a charity in order to boost their ego and sj points really rubs me the wrong way?

Floebean also said that he or she had received internet death threats re. this matter.

ProvincialTwit

• Abuse Dept.
  • Postcount killed Trogdor
  • E-points: +77/-33
    • View Profile
Re: Floebean throws the first punch in an internet fight
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 02:08:52 pm »
High-quality furry drama.  A+ thread would read again.

an hoopoe

• Cabalistic Fuckhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 03:16:01 pm »
With respect to the BilltheSetite person mentioned in one of the quotes from lulz.net, someone alleges that he harasses female furry artists, is an alcoholic and yet is part of and defended by the "SJW crew" inc. Floe:

BilltheSetite is one of the most disgusting people in the fandom; he makes sexual passes at female artists, harasses women at cons, leaks their nudes everywhere when his best lady buds disagree with him and I'm pretty sure he's going to end up actually raping someone one on one of his drunken benders at a con. There is never a time that guy is sober and he's a very aggressive and violent person. Of all the socially awkward fucks I've met at cons, the only time I've ever felt TRUELY threatened was by him when he wouldn't stop hitting on me with vodka breath pouring into my face.

There is a literal SLEW of female furs who have been harassed by this man, and whenever they speak up his social justice buds come in and silence it all.

Go figure that all of his pals are the SJW crew like Floe; they have no problem calling out people for bad behavior but then harbor -actual misogonistic pricks- within their ranks and constantly make excuses for their behavior because "it's my bud". It's hypocritical and proof that this collective group of fagots don't give to flying fucks about the what they preach as long as morons are their to cheer them on and give them attention.

camellia sinensis

• Winner: Worst Username on Viv 2011
  • E-points: +16/-2
  • Drink me
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 12:13:36 am »
pigeon do you have a bomb on your neck that will detonate if you use "they" as a gender neutral pronoun or something

cuz i can't imagine youd make this post so awkward to read by choice

Conan

• Posts like Kage drinks
  • E-points: +38/-9
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 01:48:18 am »
Locking down your twitter and filling the profile with garbage after throwing sticks at an unfunny webcomic's author about his overuse of a dumb pun is the sign of a completely down-to-earth, normal person. Yes.

For what it's worth, artwork from Zaush shows up in Floe's FA favorites. Kind of a strange choice of people's work to +fav, all things considered! Would love to hear an explanation for that one. Rape is only bad when it's being used as a stupid joke on an internet cartoon??

LordNagetiere

• E-points: +12/-16
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 11:34:43 pm »
I don't know anyone who actual bothers to go through their 10,000 favorites just to delete the ones by artists they don't like anymore, or if they actually caught wind of that. Sometimes people blowing too much hot air can't hear someone else's.

I think animation does have this weird power where a whole lot of people screaming about it only makes it more popular. Isn't this pretty much just a scaled down version over what happened with the 'Welcome to Tumblr' video?
random gay furry art is broken , when will it be fixed ?

ColonThree

• E-points: +17/-3
  • Not a cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2014, 02:42:54 am »
Floebean responded to the thread by making his or her twitter private and putting something in the profile which was allegedly about how he or she had been cheating on one of his or her many boyfriends (Firr, so it was claimed in the thread) and hated him:

For anyone that doesn't get the reference:
http://youmakemetouchyourhandsforstupidreasons.ytmnd.com/
~Witty quote~

an hoopoe

• Cabalistic Fuckhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2014, 11:38:22 am »
Floebean made a public statement about this matter, on tumblr:

http://floedoodles.tumblr.com/post/98279890276/a-coming-out-post-about-myself

Hi everyone!

I haven’t been around so much due to working. I owe some commissions that I am pretty nervous about, but I have a list that I keep an eye on fairly regularly. Drawing has been less practiced, and I need to make time to keep those muscles going so that I can put out some quality art to the patient customers who have been very, very good to me.

Aside from this, I went to therapy tonight. At the suggestion of her, I am choosing to address a thread going on about me. The gist of it is that I became very passioned about a flash cartoon of which the punchline is “rape is funny”. I know it’s just a cartoon, but I took it very seriously and a got a lot of heat for my vocal criticism of the show and its creator. This triggered a website that thrives on drama to make a thread about me. Many lies were told. One of which being that I am somehow a fake trans person for not having already received reassignment surgery, despite how expensive it is. I don’t think I need to go into how ridiculous that is. Despite all of the lies and exaggerations, there were some potential truths, and I feel it’s fair that my fans and friends know them. Many of my closer friends are full aware, but for the sake of growth, I am going to discuss a few things.

My relationships. In the past I did cheat and lie with my partners. This is something I have since resolved. It has been many years and I feel no reasons to lie to my partners, and thus cheat on them. Everything I do is done with consent and knowledge.

My past as an edgy teen. I fully admit that in the past 6 years, I have grown a lot with relation to what I considered funny. I have, in the past, yes. Made horribly racist jokes, made fun of disabled people, made fun of just about anyone I felt I had power over. It’s a bullying complex that breeds of being bullied. I find it interesting that the website targeting me of all places does not see the irony in pointing this personality defect out, but I digress. I have told problematic, hurtful and harmful jokes. As a white person, we all have innate racism in us that is bred into us by shitty conditioning, and most of it stems into the incorrect idea that “it’s ok if it’s just a joke”. It’s not okay, and I was not an okay and good person six years ago. This is important to know. If you feel uncomfortable being friends with someone like that, I completely understand. There is a rumor that I am an anti-semite. To that I would like to remind people that my stepmother (of almost 15 years) and her entire family is orthodox jewish. This does not excuse me of the cruel jokes I told when I was younger, but hopefully it can paint a better portrait.

My history as a survivor. I am one, of several occurrences, some violent and some not. I do not feel comfortable sharing the details with the public.

My mental health. I definitely have some things to work on, and I am in therapy for it. Do I fly off the handle very easily and dwell on the disagreements of others to the point of aggression? I do. Do I lash out at people when I feel cornered? Indeed. This is something I hope to work on at length with my therapist, and find the core triggers and trauma that happened to me to cause me to be this way, and in time, overcome them. I do not relish the idea of hurting people, and I do not want to do it.

Anything I have not addressed, I simply feel unsafe discussing at this point, or it is not the business of the general public. I will be discussing most everything pointed out with my therapist and close friends to separate potential truths from simple hate. I just do not think my overall healing and growth is something that needs to be shared with the people who hate me, dig?

I know no matter what I say, people are going to dislike me. People will see me as an embodiment of all of my errors and problems, of which I am not without. I know I have done wrong and continue to do wrong, but as my therapist gently told me, “Who doesn’t?” People will choose to decide that everything I do is an act, and there is literally nothing I can do to convince anyone else that I am being as genuine as I know how. If you decide I am not worth your time, that’s fine. But I felt it was at least fair to say my piece, and let it rest from there. If you have been wronged by me, though, if you want to genuine resolve an issue with me, hit me up. I’m a busy person and extremely forgetful, but the intent to try is absolutely here. If I react poorly, that’s all on me at that point.

Objectively, I will be separating a bit from my online presence. I may lock my twitter or only use a private one for a while to keep in touch with friends, but I do need to work on things so that I am in a better headspace to do the things I love to do.

That’s it, I guess.

Love each other gently,

<3Kris

((PS. One request? I’m not a girl. Please use male or they pronouns when discussing me, if you feel the desire to do so. Thank you. (sun) ))

Responses to that from lulz.net thread:

It's not like this is the first time floe has posted something like this. "It's ok because I publicly announced my faults! Now I don't have to fix them!" If floe's actually worked on their faults and become a better person than they were, it's sure not evident in their online behavior. It's just changed from edgy teen attacking people for laughs to crusading adult attacking "wrong doers" for love. I will they've become a more objective person in order to try and defend their beliefs, but the beliefs themselves are so antagonistic and unjust that it's negated.

A count of the former friends that will never speak to him again tells the tale of his actions vs words well enough. Then you glance at his mentions on Twitter and see that no one that's still around after all these years does anything other than say "I love you as you are". Hulex, creepy old joe, ecstatic, etc... Anyone who ever would have wanted her to grow as a person is long gone.

All this talk about pronouns

For those interested in the history of English, Old English had a more elaborate pronoun system than Modern English does. There were dual forms in addition to singular and plural. All nouns in Old English were gendered as masculine, feminine, or neuter, but their gender didn't necessarily reflect their actual natural gender. But pronouns could apparently use either grammatical or natural gender.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_English_grammar#Pronouns

Someone claimed that Floebean was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder.

SuperBarrioBrothers

• E-points: +2/-0
  • Uninitiated Rube
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2014, 01:03:26 pm »
If he was a guest of honor at Mephit Furmeet, he's got no place for outrage over rape jokes. Not only is the con chair a zoo, not only did his last partner bring one of their dogs to the con a few years back, but the chair gives the zoos con space for a "mixer" every year.

Or is it not rape is the victim walks on four legs?

Or is it all overridden when there's a free trip to swinging Olive Branch, Mississippi involved?

This smells like trendy net-outrage. I never knew that kinksters were the SJW types... Isn't kink a tool of the patriarchy or something?

rodox_video

• Posts like Kage drinks
  • E-points: +34/-8
  • HURF DURF DUH BLUH
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2014, 10:59:33 pm »
If he was a guest of honor at Mephit Furmeet, he's got no place for outrage over rape jokes. Not only is the con chair a zoo, not only did his last partner bring one of their dogs to the con a few years back, but the chair gives the zoos con space for a "mixer" every year.

Zeriara is part of a series on Whores.

magus

• E-points: +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2014, 12:25:53 am »
Oh yeah, that's old news. The euphemistic phrase when I was in Tha Lou was, "Watch out if you go over to Tyger's. He has... very friendly dogs."

rodox_video

• Posts like Kage drinks
  • E-points: +34/-8
  • HURF DURF DUH BLUH
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2014, 05:59:29 pm »
Anything beyond that? There's some known (and unknown) zoophile figures on his LJ friends' list, but not much more.
Zeriara is part of a series on Whores.

an hoopoe

• Cabalistic Fuckhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2014, 06:29:54 pm »
There has been another lurching about: one Rocketdrag on twitter has explained his problems with Floebean. He alleges that Floebean is a bully and more concerned over maintaining face than treating people aright (Floebean said that there were some truths to what he said, but also lies and deceit). Not knowing about Twitlonger(?) he made no less than 70 tweets in a row, I have stitched them together:

Quote from: Rocketdrag, on twitter
It's beginning to become overwhelming with how many of you are asking why I'm not talking to @Floebean, I guess it's time tell why. Outrightly, this is not a pleasant thing to talk about. It's not a cigar-over-drinks kind of story, it depresses me to even have to tell. Also, I'm probably going to be called every manner of ad hominem attack there is by those who wish to defend @Floebean, and I'm prepared.

I'll most certainly be called a "liar", a "shit starter", a "drama creator", "inaccurate", etc, but not by the people who actually matter. The majority of what will be discussed was said in private between @Floebean and I, and has thusly been deleted by both parties. Screenshots will be used at appropriate times to make appropriate points, and only as such they will not be used for irrelevant fluff.

Over the past few days @Floebean has made a harassing effort to contact me, but I have not made any effort to return, and you will see why. I will address @Floebean's treatment of @Sephblurbs, Floe’s untruthful handling of @BillTheSetite and his emotional unkindness & violation.

To start with, @Floebean's treatment of @Sephblurbs has been less than exemplary. Online @Floebean has had a cordial relationship with my partner, @Sephblurbs. In-person, however, is a different case. When I first met @Floebean at FC2013, he was kind to both of us, but he had a hesitation around @Sephblurbs that I couldn't figure out. It wasn't until rooming with @Floebean at BLFC that I realized what was occurring: a standoffish attitude only directed at @Sephblurbs. @Sephblurbs asked after BLFC if @Floebean had an issue, and his response was that he has issues with "women" or "effeminate" people.

Here is the precise conversation between @Sephblurbs and @Floebean: pic.twitter.com/80F3vK8uHj

At the time BLFC occurred, @Sephblurbs' had been openly presenting masculine for 6 months prior and was doing so at BLFC. To prove my point, @Floebean knew @Sephblurbs was publicly using spivak pronouns, in addition to er general dress and public presentation. How @Floebean could perceive @Sephblurbs as "feminine" and a worthy target of hostility is something that I'm at a loss to understand. The only way I can comprehend this is by assuming @Floebean thinks because @Sephblurbs wore a dress, ey are "feminine", which Seph is not. If this is the case, it goes against many of the things @Floebean says publicly about gender.

For my second section of the tweets to be posted, I will be going over @Floebean's deceptive handling of @BillTheSetite’s abuse. .@BillTheSetite has quite a storied history of abuse, and earlier this year it was organized by @Floebean to amass accounts of this. Me and @Sephblurbs came out to @Floebean about @BillTheSetite's abuse towards both of us *before* FC2014, and he discussed it with him. I was sent a Skype conversation from @Floebean between him and @BillTheSetite where Bill admitted he had done many wrong things. @BillTheSetite goes on to say to @Floebean “I don’t want to have to face my past.” - Floe not only agrees, he goes on to apologize to Bill.

A few months and incidents later when @BillTheSetite continues to abuse folks, @Floebean goes to work on compiling an archive. This archive by @Floebean contained statements made by people who have been emotionally abused and sexually harassed by BillTheSetite. Recently @Floebean has stated only one person who gave their statement taken wanted to be identified. This is false. This is a screenshot of a Skype convo between @Floebean and myself when I explicitly give my consent to be named: pic.twitter.com/7TY3qElE6Z

Several others had confided to @Floebean that they had expressed consent to be named in their statements about @BillTheSetite. Also @Sephblurbs gave er consent to @Floebean directly as well. Understandably @Floebean began to have doubts about being able to safely release this information, and doubted he ever would release it. When @Floebean told me this, I personally spoke to him letting him know I'd be willing to release the documentation myself. That when when the statements were released en masse, as had been promised by @Floebean, he would receive absolutely none of the blame. @Floebean refused, citing he did not want to ruin friendships, in addition to the public backlash that may come from releasing such info.

So that info sits somewhere with @Floebean. And I agree with him, it's his to release. But @Floebean shouldn't have promised to us that these statements on abuse would be released very soon, and then months later, nothing. Likewise, @Floebean should not paint that we were all sitting back terrified of being known when some consented to use of our names.

Moving on to @Floebean's emotional unkindness and violation of my trust is the hardest aspect of this since I held him as a close friend. It stems back to the revelations of abuse done by Avery. They are someone who was also very close to me, and it hurt to learn about. I was very concerned about Avery knowing some of my personal info, especially related to my career, and what could be done with that info.I went to quite a few of my friends to let them know I was uncomfortable and asking them advice for what I should do. At the beginning of these discussions, I made it clear that no action was going to be taken, and that I was merely asking for advice. I had many great conversations with folks about coping and how to handle situations like this, and then I went to ask @Floebean.

To start off my conversation about Avery with @Floebean, I told him that nothing was at stake, no risk of friendships or anything else. Almost immediately @Floebean began to chastise me for the method by which I was contacting him: privately and as an adult conversation. @Floebean's principal concern was that I was attempting to manipulating him into choosing friends, not that I was asking for advice. @Floebean proceeded to air his worries over how what I was bringing to him threatened his "social status", and lamented knowing me. @Floebean began to downplay Avery’s abuse, saying I was just trying to draw comparisons with @Sephblurbs’: pic.twitter.com/NEEx2iIY06

Not knowing how to proceed, I backed away from the conversation and waited a while. In that time, I contacted Floe's partner, @KaviCat. I explained how @Floebean was handling the situation, and asked for @KaviCat's guidance, as at the time he excelled at such. As @KaviCat told me, I was receiving what I "deserved" for what I had brought up, and I should go apologize immediately to @Floebean.

Following @KaviCat's advice and wanting to quell @Floebean's anger, I reluctantly apologized to save myself from a public callout. At that point, @Floebean stopped talking to me completely, and a few days later I went back to make sure everything was okay between us. I felt like I could approach @Floebean about anything, so it was a true shock to me when he reacted so negatively towards me. This time @Floebean didn't want to hear what I had to say about how it hurt me that he would take my trust and misuse it as he had. @Floebean denied he had done anything harmful to me in doing so. He then admitted he may have, but that "we'll get over it quick."

In finality, @Floebean then squarely put the blame on me, saying that I handled the situation wrongly, as per @KaviCat's “deserved".By this point I knew that I could no longer trust @Floebean, that this was going to be a cycle of abuse and I did not want any more. I broke off all of my ties with @Floebean, @KaviCat, and things that reminded me of them, for better for worse.

But why do I need to handle this publicly? Why can't I just hold it in like I have for the past 2 months? Why not go talk privately? There's a really big problem around folks like @Floebean: He's such a threat that I preferred the abuse over public backlash for a while. Just because you talk about being a bully in the past doesn't mean you're not a bully now.

But a few weeks ago I realized just how awful @Floebean's behavior towards myself had been, and that I shouldn't be quiet any longer. When @Floebean deals with uncomfortable possibilities, he becomes confrontational, manipulative, and will possibly resort to abuse. I'm most likely not the only person who @Floebean has done this to, and I hope those of you who have experienced it will come forward.

On Sunday, @Floebean began to try and recontact me, and as far as I am concerned, I don't feel safe enough with him to talk to him. This unsafe feeling towards @Floebean is a combination of past events and current ones, such as him using my real name publicly on Twitter. @Floebean attempted to contact me via texting me, calling me, tweeting at me, he even tried to go through my friends to get to me. And @Floebean never tried to contact me between July and this week. He's only been interested in handling these issues now. @Floebean was only interested in me and "providing resolution" when it was convenient for him to score good public image points.

Like a bully, @Floebean said I was childish for avoiding him and his abuse, because after all, "we’'ll get over it quick." And that's it. All done.

To be clear, I tried talking to @Floebean about the issues shortly after it happened and was met with anger and indifference.

Floebean's response, on twitter:

Quote from: Floebean
For those wondering, @ROCKETDRAG made a post about my poor behavior. Some is true, some is twisted half truths, some is false.

Its clear that people are afraid of me and I have failed disgustingly in my attempt to make the world better.

Im sorry for failing everyone. Im going away for a while.

He also complained about being "triggered and abused".

Kavi, who I think is Floebeans main partner and patriarch of this furry family they've put together, declared:

Quote from: Kavi
I'd rather not have my family's presence in this fandom turn into some kind of "with us or against us" thing. That's absurd.

Quote from: Kavi
I love @Floebean and I will stand with him. I apologize to anyone who finds either of us unapproachable regarding our faults.

A sort of musician of minor note (he has a wikipedia article, over 290,000 twitter followers FWIW [not much?] and I'm sure I remember seeing a C.D by him in a shop here in town) tweeted in support of Floebean:

an hoopoe

• Cabalistic Fuckhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2014, 04:57:01 am »
More people getting involved.

First, Tittenkits (on twitter) alleges that he or she was in a relationship with one Averyskunk/Draconum and that Avery was physically abusive in this relationship. Floebean protected and defended Avery, and even told Tittenkits it was Tittenkits responsibility to support Avery. According to someone on lulz.net Averyskunk  is "a Michigan fur who threw a lot of money at Floe, dated Tittenkits and a few others in some fucked up poly relationship, and somewhere along the lines shit happened and now there's abuse allegations".

In short Tittenkits alleges that Floebean "claims to support victims, then is allowed to act unchecked as he bullies them".

One thing I take away from this at the moment is that the on-line social justice community and social justice rhetoric, can attract especially vulnerable people, who may be no more safe (or even worse off) in the social justice community than elsewhere: social justice devours its own. I think that people may be attracted to the social justice community/social justice rhetoric because it offers the chance to completely re-invent yourself: you can experiment by declaring yourself to be the opposite sex, or no sex at all: invent your own pronouns, genders and identities such as you please, but at the end of the day a bully is still a bully, an abuser still an abuser and so on and when you mix them in with the vulnerable people bad things ensue.

I strung Tittenkits tweets together:

Quote from: Tittenkits
I'd like to start by saying that I fully support @ROCKETDRAG in both what he has to say about Floe and in his decision to go public with it [...] I feel that everything @ROCKETDRAG has said is congruent with my own experiences with Floe and I have no reason to disbelieve him.

To briefly share my personal exp, Floe and I were friends during the duration of my abuse at the hands of Avery. He offered support often. When I wanted to go public with everything, Floe assured me that he wouldn't pick sides, and wouldn't stand in my way.

This made sense and felt fair, as Floe and Avery were very close, and he insisted that I should do what I needed to heal. However, when I went public, @Floebean was incredibly vocal about opposing me. He defended my abuser to me and others. He claimed not to support the abuse, but rather Avery's right to "get better", which I understood and respected, but he did so by giving a stamp of approval to Avery on his own twitter account. (this is important for reasons I'll mention in a moment).

It's important to note here that at the time, I had unknowingly misgendered Avery in my tweets. I had not had any contact with them for months, and knew nothing about her (sorry, I think it's her now but it was "they/them" then) then-current requests.

I could be wrong. Please understand, this is my abuser I am talking about. I have done everything possible to eliminate this person from my life, and did not know until it was pointed out that I was misgendering her, which I immediately corrected.

Floe, however, focused on this point, and publicly called attention to it to his followers, derailing and delegitimizing my account before it was even able to be finished, treating it as an intentional act of violence against Avery, Which of course, if he hadn't immediately jumped to defend Avery, he would have perhaps been able to see.

It was a complete and total betrayal of my confidence in Floe as a friend and as a person. He can word it however he'd like, but it was still disrespectful, damaging and completely mishandled due to his own friendship with Avery.

If this sounds like a personal beef from months ago, that's because it is. But it's important to mention. Floe silenced me when I attempted to attain closure after a horribly traumatizing series of experiences, and changed the minds of many people who were still figuring out how to feel about the whole thing. Floe is popular and well-liked, and this makes him a very influential and powerful person.

We wouldn't be having this discourse if he weren't. Unfortunately, he refuses to take responsibility for his influence on others. Floe has asked people to tell him if he has "some magic ability to make people agree with" him, and to tell him when he fucks up. However, what he does not acknowledge is that there are many ways in which he makes people feel unsafe doing so. This is an issue. When you have someone with a large fanbase that includes many people who agree with him simply because they are friends, the capacity to misuse that power (even unintentionally!) is high.

No matter how you feel about me, or Floe, or Avery, or anyone, you have to acknowledge that this fandom has significant issues with protecting its darlings, even to the point of allowing them to continue abusive & manipulative behaviors that they wouldn't accept in others What angers me about @Floebean is his insistence that he does not influence others and refusal to take responsibility for his actions while leading a veritable army of folks willing to throw down for anything he says. This is what popularity does.

@Floebean is upheld as a champion of social justice by people too smitten to address his hypocrisy. He silences victims and bullies people into submission on a consistent basis, but can only be seen as "the good guy". @Floebean claims to support victims, then is allowed to act unchecked as he bullies them. It's not just me.

I'm calling attention to Floe's actions because so few people do, some due to affection, some due to fear. If this feels over the top to you, If it feels like bullying, imagine how I and many others felt when we trusted Floe only to have him turn around and hurt us and get away with never, ever taking responsibility for it.

Quite frankly, I don't give a shit about helping Floe. I'd like to. We used to be friends. But it's not my responsibility to help, just like it was never my responsibility to support Avery getting better. It is NOT the burden of the victim to bear. I would like to see this fandom stop harboring abusers and putting shitty people on pedestals where they can't be critiqued.

So say what you want to me, but that's important. I've only spoken about my own experiences. There are more. Worth noting: why I mention that it's not my responsibility to support Avery-- That is what Floe told me I should be doing. I was spilling my guts about a person who had repeatedly physically abused me, and his response was to tell me that -I was being unfair- Floe knew most of the extent of my abuse. I had confided this in him because he reached out to me. He still defended my abuser. And you know? If it had just been to others, that would have been okay. Worrisome, but okay.

It was the fact that he came -to me- and insisted that A was trying to get better.But we as a fandom allow people to get away with saying "I'm sorry I'm scum" and then never changing, don't we?

Fact: saying "I'm horribile" and then not actually doing anything to fix yourself is shitty emotional manipulation. Horrible also. Another fact: Therapy isn't the same as fixing things OR stopping abusive behavior. It's a step, not a solution. Stop conflating the two. Many people are in therapy their whole lives and are STILL CAPABLE OF ABUSE AND HARM.

Scottmale24 said, in several tweets:

Quote from: Scottmale24
I had a tumblr post for this, but I deleted it because I realized I could fit this all in a tweet. Floe was a friend. He's good people, but he's a bit of a fuck-up. Most of us are, but his fans make it way worse. He often forgets this. That's it. I've said what I need to. @Floebean, @tittenkits, and everyone else: Everything's complicated, and there are no simple answers.

AskMrOwlAgain said:

Quote from: AskMrOwlAgain
@Floebean this is caleb. stop hiding behind pronouns, randomness, fake online personalities and self-pity and be an actual person

@AskMrOwlAgain my pronouns are my identity, but.you have a point on the other bits

Quote from: MrOwlAgain
@Floebean not indulging in the pronoun game. sorry
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 10:09:39 am by a pigeon »

magus

• E-points: +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2014, 05:53:05 pm »
Anything beyond that? There's some known (and unknown) zoophile figures on his LJ friends' list, but not much more.

Not really. Unlike the West Coast zoo crew, he knows the importance of keeping it quiet.

nrr

• Sean Piche Fan Club
  • Cabalistic Fuckhead
  • E-points: +7/-3
  • OMG SO CUTE ^__^
    • View Profile
    • lynxies :3
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2014, 08:06:46 pm »
Not really. Unlike the West Coast zoo crew, he knows the importance of keeping it quiet.

Even those of us actually from greater STL (618 reprazent, yo, east side, etc.), unless we're specifically brought, you know, in the know, aren't aware of the specifics. Dude's good at keeping his yap shut about it, that's for sure.
im glad the "I saw a furry IRL" thread is so good at bringing goons together

YOUR PARTICIPLES AREN'T THE ONLY THINGS DANGLING

an hoopoe

• Cabalistic Fuckhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2014, 04:59:09 pm »
Another ex-acquaintance chimes in:

Quote from: Anonymous person on lulz.net
Floe has always been a shithead. Used to outright admit to misogyny, while still basking in the glory that was, "I have a vagina and can get away with shit because men find me mildly attractive."

And surprise surprise, look who else is joining in on the FtM tranny train! There is no way I believe this is real transition. Floe has been insanely comfortable living as a woman before. Even bragged about how awesome it was to be able to get anyone they wanted. That they are tagging along on this shit SJW trans train should actually be offensive to anyone that is a legitimate transgender. People doing this kind of crap in the fandom is making people I know to be truly gender dysphoric look bad and illegitimate. I am truly sick and tired of it.

I'm willing to believe gender can be fluid. However, I think this whole trans bandwagon is a great example of how binary and screwed up western society is. People feel like they can't explore gender identity and have acceptance, unless they pump themselves full of opposite sex hormones and go the full transition. That's some bullshit, right there.

And while I'm the topic of bandwagons, there's a current LETS ALL BE POLY bandwagon in the fandom, and it's also shit, I don't mind if people are poly. However, what >>3009601 said is right on. A lot of these people are jumping the bandwagon because they want a harem of supportive, easily emotionally manipulated people humping their leg.

Floe "falls in love" like every other week and it's so damn selfish and transparent. Doesn't sound like their therapist is doing much more than circlejerking and encouraging this behavior, if therapist even exists. :/

an hoopoe

• Cabalistic Fuckhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2014, 05:32:04 am »
Floebean said on the 8th of October, on twitter, that "I'm not here to be a public figure anymore", but Floebean is back taking a public stand on twitter.

This time it's is about a bog standard picture submission on FA of a furry with its dick out. Why? The submission was titled "Ready to Rape" and Floebean believes that to be "Malicious speech", and so reported it to the FA admins. An FA admin, in a rare example of a trouble ticket being answered, refused to remove the submission and so Floebean made a tweet.

Bear in mind that as has already been mentioned, Floebean apparently has a huge rape fetish and has drawn rape furry porn in the past:

The (NSFW) submission which upset these people is here:

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/14320476 

It was posted several months ago and has 271 views and 2 comments. The person who posted it has all of 7 watchers.

Also, out of curiosity I did a search on FA for "rape" and:

So quite why Floebean homed in on that one particular submission I don't know.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 09:16:12 am by a pigeon »