Author Topic: Unemployable furry ends own life - StalkingCat dead at 54  (Read 2235 times)

ProvincialTwit

• Abuse Dept.
  • Postcount killed Trogdor
  • E-points: +77/-33
    • View Profile
Unemployable furry ends own life - StalkingCat dead at 54
« on: November 12, 2012, 04:13:16 pm »
As reported in this post on Flayrah (a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Monolithic Antifurry Conspiracy and VivWorks LLC), renowned circus freak Dennis "Stalking Cat" Avner has shuffled off this mortal cosmetic-surgery-laiden coil.

Like Jim Groat without the guns, Avner was known for his bizarre looks, disturbing mannerisms, and making his living entirely on the furry con circuit and the charity of others.  He leaves behind no spouse, no children, and no kin of any sort (except otherkin amirite folks?), and his title of 'weirdest looking mofo on the planet' automatically passes on to that guy with the full-body jigsaw puzzle tattoos.

He will be forever remembered as "That cat guy from that show about people who look weird", and to 95% of furry fandom as "Who?"

Avner was 54.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 09:18:35 pm by ProvincialTwit »

an hoopoe

• Cabalistic Fuckhead
  • E-points: +36/-4
    • View Profile
Re: Unemployable furry ends own life
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 03:39:43 pm »

ProvincialTwit

• Abuse Dept.
  • Postcount killed Trogdor
  • E-points: +77/-33
    • View Profile
Re: Unemployable furry ends own life
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 08:32:06 pm »
^^ Best post 2012 ^^

~wise fwom youw gwave~

vigilante777

• E-points: +0/-1
  • Uninitiated Rube
    • View Profile
Re: Unemployable furry ends own life - StalkingCat dead at 54
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 02:44:41 pm »
My personal picks from the comments:
He was a pioneer of a sort, and pioneering is often risky on more levels than is at first obvious. I long admired his courage, and my heart goes out to all who loved him.
This is sad, and challenging to masturbte to.
Is there any proof that this guy was really a Native American?
There is a video of him dancing in traditional regalia at a Native American event looked pretty real to me...
People, he had surgeries to change himself into a fucking CAT! He was an outcast and a loon but cry if you must.
Meow. Meow.
ah good looks like there are sane people over there
A mentally deranged person who spent more than 100.000 $ for surgery. He should have given that money to a benevolent fund
You should give the money you're using to pay for Internet access to a benevolent fund.
Never mind

Gunther

• E-points: +3/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 11:17:38 pm »
I can't even fathom as to why anyone would want to do that to their face. I know that some people really believe that they're possessed by some animal spirit, but whenever I looked at this guy (and I've known about him for a long, long time) I just wondered why and what the hell was up with him? Heck, even if I won the Mega Millions with the largest ever jackpot tomorrow and ended up being so rich that I would never need to wipe my own ass ever again I would still not even so much as get a tattoo on my shoulder... even if that tattoo is a perfectly socially acceptable thing (like a national emblem or something).

I'm not gonna mock this guy because it's tragic that he's gone, but I can't say that I'm surprised.

RickyBobbyMew

• STOP POSTING
  • E-points: +0/-8
  • Uninitiated Rube
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 07:58:39 pm »
Heck, even if I won the Mega Millions with the largest ever jackpot tomorrow and ended up being so rich that I would never need to wipe my own ass ever again I would still not even so much as get a tattoo on my shoulder... even if that tattoo is a perfectly socially acceptable thing (like a national emblem or something).

So basically what you are saying is you don't want tattoos...

That's cool and lot of people feel the same way. Personally, I like them and I have some tiger stripes and a pawprint and a tribal bobkitty. I don't want anything I can't conceal with a collared shirt though; I have a professional job and might not always live in Cali where nobody gives a damn about that kind of stuff.

Stalking Cat went to the other extreme however. He also complained to me in person he was having trouble finding work as an in-home PC repair technician. No offense to him, but this should really fall into the "no shit" category. I think people should do what they want, but they should also realize the consequences of their actions. Now many people are making him seem like a martyr, referring to "his accomplishment" and all that.

I wouldn't consider tattooing your entire body and modding it any sort of accomplishment, but I don't think it's a *bad* thing either. It's something I look at and say "oh, okay -- I guess that's cool" and leave it there. The guy was nice though, and however this happened it's still a tragedy.

Gunther

• E-points: +3/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 08:06:33 am »
So basically what you are saying is you don't want tattoos...

Pretty much, and while I don't think that there are certain tattoos that are more 'appropriate' than others. Unless tattoos could be easily removed, I wouldn't want them. Some (read: A lot) of people treat Tattoos like a fashion statement, but the thing that they don't realize is that fashion is the single fastest changing thing in society and that 'hip' tattoo or body modification will become passé in a year or two or even a few months... but you'll be stuck with it for life, or at least a very long time.