Author Topic: Another furry dies in auto accident  (Read 4177 times)

Conan

• Posts like Kage drinks
  • E-points: +38/-9
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
Another furry dies in auto accident
« on: March 16, 2012, 12:18:47 am »
Furries and trucks just don't get along well.

PonyBird, also known as Relique, "Vex Windarian", and the real world as Olin Dale Soreson was killed when the car he was in collided with a tow truck shortly after Noon on Thursday in Silver Spring, Maryland. According to media reports, the car "veered into oncoming traffic" and "was driving eastbound when it crossed over the center of the road and struck a black Ford town truck headed in the opposite direction".

welp.

an hoopoe

• Cabalistic Fuckhead
  • E-points: +36/-4
    • View Profile

an hoopoe

• Cabalistic Fuckhead
  • E-points: +36/-4
    • View Profile
Re: Another furry dies in auto accident
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 11:59:28 am »
Insane Kangaroo uses this sad event as an opportunity to show what a sterling fellow he is:

http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/3270999/#cid:25156988

Quote from: Insane Kangaroo (he is quoting the OP of the journal, who lost his wife in this car accident)
>"So now I am homeless and jobless and I have lost my mate and a close friend in a tragic accident."

This is exactly why I will only select a mate based on a criteria they become independent with a job which will be able to pay the bills if anything should happen to me.

Quote from: DreadDenimPirate
LOL "select" a mate. I'm sure they're just lining up at this guy's door. How ever will he choose between all of these wealthy beautiful people?

It's touching that he has a "criteria" that favors the well being of his mate should something unfortunate happen to him, but there's one flaw...
What could it be... OH. LOVE.

He pretty much just called this guy's dead wife a moron for selecting a jobless man. Classy.

Quote from: insane kangaroo
> I'm sure they're just lining up at this guy's door.

Also, just to make sure you know, if I really want to interest people I just tell them I make 100k a year and they do line up. I've looks and money, in this economy(or with any planned relationship) people tend to look for security and stability. I know some people merely get together based on chemistry, there isn't anything wrong with such relationships, it's their decision. My criteria is based on a prospective mate getting together, with a long term plan on being independent. I know several, have dated several, most of which have become friends since not everyone gets the same feelings of obligation.

I do however have a sense of, "well I didn't see that coming!(sarcasm)," when I see events like this happen. Though again, people should obtain accidental death coverage, most people do not have this very beneficial coverage.

Conan

• Posts like Kage drinks
  • E-points: +38/-9
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 12:00:43 pm »
Local TV station WUSA was out in SkyCHOPPAH NINE With Advanced HD Power Zoom Technology and took some pictures of the aftermath. They also back up the other media report that " Sorenson was driving his car eastbound on the road when for some reason his car crossed the center of the roadway and struck a tow truck traveling westbound."

Of course, this can't proceed without Furry Things happening. SillySerpentine, Ponybird's wife, posted a journal about the incident that mentioned in the title that her fursuit was destroyed. Of course, if this wasn't there, some dumb furry would be bound to ask about it eventually.

Speaking of the fursuit, it, uh, the head is visible next to the purple thing in the helicopter photos.

ColeTrain

• E-points: +1/-0
  • Stupid Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 12:35:43 pm »
Insane Kangaroo uses this sad event as an opportunity to show what a sterling fellow he is:

http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/3270999/#cid:25156988

Stay fucking classy IK.

Quote from: insane_kangaroo
Also, just to make sure you know, if I really want to interest people I just tell them I make 100k a year and they do line up.

This just proves he doesn't use the imaginary 100k$ job to troll people on Lulz; he's really deluding himself and tries to delude others that he really IS working as some uber-paid IT whatever.

Pi

• POOR IMPULSE CONTROL
  • Posts like Kage drinks
  • E-points: +46/-10
  • <blink>yes hello</blink>
    • View Profile
    • Clan Spum userpage
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 01:04:28 pm »
Quote from: insane_kangaroo
Also, just to make sure you know, if I really want to interest people I just tell them I make 100k a year and they do line up.

This just proves he doesn't use the imaginary 100k$ job to troll people on Lulz; he's really deluding himself and tries to delude others that he really IS working as some uber-paid IT whatever.

[20120124_16:18:28] <insane_kangaroo> besides, I'm sort of the Marry Poppins of the IT world
[20120124_16:18:46] <insane_kangaroo> if a normal sysadmin/devop/whatever can handle my position, I move on to the next challenge

It takes a lot of narcissism to turn someone's death into a self-serving soapbox about how you "select your mates". What a posturing buffoon.
"we did farts.  now we do sperm.  we are cutting edge." — Theo DeRaadt

ColeTrain

• E-points: +1/-0
  • Stupid Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 05:22:35 am »
As if it wasn't enough for him to go to the page of the person whose wife died in the accident to tell them how they're stupid and to brag about his imaginary 100k$ job, he even makes a LJ entry for everyone to see:
http://insane-kangaroo.livejournal.com/83839.html

Screenshot attached in case of bawwwletion. He's really a fucking sociopath.

Three Cheese Pepperoni

• E-points: +0/-1
  • Uninitiated Rube
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2012, 04:22:07 pm »
Of course, this can't proceed without Furry Things happening. SillySerpentine, Ponybird's wife, posted a journal about the incident that mentioned in the title that her fursuit was destroyed. Of course, if this wasn't there, some dumb furry would be bound to ask about it eventually.

Yuck! Not only that, but she also posted another journal focusing on the Furry First World Problem of my tablet got destroyed in the car!!, too. Boohoo my laptop is gone!!! ;________; Also, help pay for my funeral and for my parents to come and pick me up.

I don't know. I don't mean to be crass or rude, or to harp on this girl but...really? Your husband's dead and all you're talking about is how your fursuit and tablet's gone but luckily you were still able to post sketches on FA? And boo I'm homeless? There is no journal entry even mentioning her thoughts or feelings on her husband and her roommate whatsoever (except a cryptic and downright inappropriate sentence saying "For all those who had drama with Vex, I hope you're happy."). Her bird got a bigger blurb than they did.

Sorry if I'm being fickle. It just rubs me the wrong way. It just sounds so...fake.

rodox_video

• Posts like Kage drinks
  • E-points: +34/-8
  • HURF DURF DUH BLUH
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2012, 07:57:59 pm »
hey

hey

shut the fuck up

sometimes people get so fucked up when it comes to tragedy that they start obsessing over the tiny, insignificant aspects of it because trying to deal with the actual loss is a task that is utterly impossible at such an early stage in the game

besides, like it or not, the smashed possessions in the car and the dead bird either were or represented things that both serpy and her husband felt were important even though to your internet-cool mind they were petty and/or nerdy

i mean, the fact that there aren't even that many mementos left, that the crash was so violent it even destroyed everything that was in the trunk of the fucking car - that just compounds everything, it's insult on top of injury

i don't want to hear word fucking one about how this is somehow furries being furries, this is someone undergoing a massive loss, they are in a state of tremendous shock, and they are going to say things that sound a bit odd because they are not capable of being 100% rational cool dudes right now

when it happens to you you might fucking understand, i'm sorry you were not appropriately moved by her performance
Zeriara is part of a series on Whores.

ProvincialTwit

• Abuse Dept.
  • Postcount killed Trogdor
  • E-points: +77/-33
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2012, 08:21:34 pm »
Settle the fuck down, Beavis.

zotter

• E-points: +0/-0
  • Uninitiated Rube
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2012, 07:40:11 pm »
i agree, though. hopefully the surviving victims can get back on their feet.

Jim Demintia

• Posts like Kage drinks
  • E-points: +24/-6
  • Deflator Mouse
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2012, 09:52:01 am »
I think it'll be considered the best possible outcome for pretty much everyone if IK sticks to trolling Lulz and FA, and being irrelevant to anyone who has a life and/or things to do. Because the alternatives mostly involve IK ending up in a courtroom and/or mental health facility.
Can it be this sad design
Could be the very same
A wooly man without a face
And a beast without a name