Author Topic: 2gryphon and Kage want you to donate your money to failing business  (Read 6618 times)

Conan

• Posts like Kage drinks
  • E-points: +40/-9
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
Re: 2gryphon and Kage want you to donate your money to failing business
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2012, 01:50:43 am »
From Fernando himself:
The furries just rocked my world! All my rent, all my utilities are paid for the next 2 months. Wow

HA. Looks like "open forever" means until the end of June.

Also jesus christ that WTAE story was so obviously done by interns.

I guess one reasonable question is why travel and expenses for guest speakers cost $13,000 last year - it looks like it was half of that in 2010 (though that might just be travel). Big families? Big bar tab?
If the convention paid for me to attend I'd rack up as many charges as possible too.

Fate

• James Woods with a Handgun and a Hardon
  • E-points: +9/-2
  • dog don't mind
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2012, 08:13:52 pm »
I find it fascinating that living in Pittsburgh, I've never heard of this shop before now.

Conan

• Posts like Kage drinks
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2012, 11:28:28 pm »
Uh

https://p.twimg.com/Ar6mLy0CIAIoPeE.jpg

Uh......

Furries it's official! We changed our name. Check it out. Get ready for limited Tshirts. http://pic.twitter.com/qB0mVpAC

RedFlowerJigglypuff

• E-points: +1/-1
  • How bout I Double Slap your shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2012, 11:46:40 pm »
Really.

Fucking really!?

This is now officially the most disgusting restaurant in Shittsburgh.

"Furryland." What an imaginative name too. I don't imagine sandwiches when I think of a name like that.

"No shirt? no shoes? NO PROBLEM!" "Spit-roasted cum-filled subs." That sounds a whole lot more like "Furryland" to me.

"A Unique Taste." You aint kiddin!

Is that guy really gonna change his sign too? I can't wait to see all the faggots standing around the shop during anthrocon, in awe. Some of them praising the great furry name, as if saving a mediocre hole in the wall was so great. Money well spent, I tell ya what.

It'll be the same stupid faggots that bought his Fernando's brand doughnut-filled doggy bowls last year. What a prize~

Ketsuban

• E-points: +6/-1
  • Initiated Rube
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2012, 10:48:16 am »
Oh wow.

Oh wow.

There are no words. Absolutely no words.

Fate

• James Woods with a Handgun and a Hardon
  • E-points: +9/-2
  • dog don't mind
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2012, 10:51:49 am »
You know, I was thinking today as I was getting ready to go to lunch: Maybe I should see if that terrible rathole place that the furries go to is actually decent.

Then I saw this thread and went somewhere else.

ProvincialTwit

• Abuse Dept.
  • Postcount killed Trogdor
  • E-points: +78/-34
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2012, 07:50:21 pm »
This.

This is the exact perfect moment for Conway to announce AC is moving to another city.

Jim Demintia

• Posts like Kage drinks
  • E-points: +24/-6
  • Deflator Mouse
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2012, 09:18:48 am »
Youngstown. Move AC to Youngstown. It's like Pittsburgh with none of the good stuff. And there's a thing, a "Youngstown tune-up". What could be bad about that? Nothing, is the answer.
Can it be this sad design
Could be the very same
A wooly man without a face
And a beast without a name

BigPointyTeeth

• used to be cool. used to listen to Nitzer Ebb
  • E-points: +1/-3
  • Bunny of Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2012, 09:36:44 am »
For those who haven't heard, the "FurryLand Cafe" aka Fernando's Subs will be open during AC 2012 BUT...

THIS WILL BE FERNANDO'S LAST WEEKEND WITH US AT THAT LOCATION...

As you can see in the pics... https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/51344571/1/Fernandos?h=765c37

Fernando's new landlord has made it clear that he WILL NOT be renewing Fernando's lease as they are apparently putting in OFFICE SPACE along that entire stretch of building, hence why all of the food places have been closing one after another.

I have included a pic of the SPACE AVAILABLE sign with the landlord's info on it... NOW LISTEN, I am NOT saying to contact them or anything but most people reading this are adults I think so do whatever but I am saying I am NOT TELLING YOU TO DO THAT.

Pictured are this year's shirt and "dog" dowl imprinted with "WE WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER..."

All money that has been donated will be going to go FIRST as SEVERANCE (spelling?) pay for his employees and then to cover his debt.

The word around town is that he wasn't even allowed to be open since the end of April and is only being allowed to open this weekend because of what we did so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE if you have some extra money and want something special this year, buy a shirt and bowl from him...

Let's give a proper furry send off!!!

*hugs to all*

Source - http://www.anthrocon.org/node/8384/fernandos-update

I'd add commentary but I think it speaks for itself. However, I am waiting for PR from Kage.
I'm a *(%^ rivet head. Trust me, I hate everything to some degree; some things less than others... oh and my opinion will always be better than yours.

Now I just listen to C/A/T and Caustic

Conan

• Posts like Kage drinks
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2012, 05:16:26 pm »
Fernando's new landlord has made it clear that he WILL NOT be renewing Fernando's lease as they are apparently putting in OFFICE SPACE along that entire stretch of building, hence why all of the food places have been closing one after another.

I think the PR has already started, because, uh, that's not how it works. A landlord won't go "Not going to renew your lease because I hope an office moves into the space instead". They didn't renew it because no one in their right mind is going to let a business with obvious financial troubles continue to take up space while maybe or maybe not paying the rent. The other restaurants just closed, because that's what happens when you don't have two people with way too much power telling the plebes to donate money to a restaurant.

I would imagine the "office space" thing is the realtors are marketing the space as office space now because it's a terrible place for restaurants.

Conan

• Posts like Kage drinks
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2012, 08:59:58 pm »
This kinda flew under the radar because of the New Jersey shit, but apparently Fernando's made a few people sick during the convention (which of course meant the restaurant was promptly defended by people who probably weren't even in the same state), possibly thanks to it's $7.99 all you can eat special. Someone on lulz.net took a picture of the place through the window during the convention, I think it's safe to say that their food stocks were fairly low once the weekend was over (the place was full of land whales).

Ben

• E-points: +6/-9
  • smelly vaginahead extraordinare
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2012, 10:16:22 pm »
I'm pretty sure that "All You Can Eat" offer was outside a different restaurant just a couple buildings down, a buffet to be specific. It's unfortunate that Furnando's was making people sick (I'm betting on the bacon cookies), but yeah, it definitely wasn't because of an "All-You-Can-Eat" special.

Jim Demintia

• Posts like Kage drinks
  • E-points: +24/-6
  • Deflator Mouse
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2012, 04:37:29 am »
Even good/financially-successful restaraunts have trouble with that shit. You have to be an absolute Nazi about you and your employees following food-safety procedures, and the minute someone doesn't, even a little, any pathogens can spread to hundreds of people like, well, a virus.

The timing is unfortunate. Although, with bacon cookies (um, ew?), I think a little 48-hour food poisoning is the least of your concerns.
Can it be this sad design
Could be the very same
A wooly man without a face
And a beast without a name

greaseyote

• E-points: +5/-13
  • Uninitiated Rube
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2012, 04:58:01 pm »
I would imagine the "office space" thing is the realtors are marketing the space as office space now because it's a terrible place for restaurants.

Restaurants also make terrible tenants, especially the small independent ones. It's an unfortunate circumstance due to the amount of improvements required in a building to open a restaurant and due to the statistically high failure rates for restaurants, a significant number of which do not last past one year of opening,.

It's really not a bad decision, particularly if there is demand for office or general retail space in that area (which I'm sure there is).

Anyway, the food poisoning is funny because furries are known to have this Midas touch. We ruin everything we get involved with.

MetropolitanDonut

• E-points: +4/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2013, 06:33:11 pm »
Local Pittsburgh news delivers a fluff piece just in case you needed closure to see if he really went through with renaming it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jjMpIFpy08

And somehow the name doesn't manage to be the worst thing about the changes...