Author Topic: Our Very Own Benchilla stars on American Idol. Nobody likes it.  (Read 1688 times)

Pi

• POOR IMPULSE CONTROL
  • Posts like Kage drinks
  • E-points: +46/-10
  • <blink>yes hello</blink>
    • View Profile
    • Clan Spum userpage
Our Very Own Benchilla stars on American Idol. Nobody likes it.
« on: February 28, 2012, 02:01:13 pm »
So, earlier this month, a thing happened that apparently kinda passed under the radar:
<Benchilla> Good Day Philadelphia, a... country music station and TMZ all want to talk to me
<Benchilla> TMZ is pretty trashy, but I should be alright if I tread carefully
<Benchilla> They want to interview me because of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ika6YV7qq3
<Raconteur> ahahahahaha
<Benchilla> YEP
<lansiar> lol why would you put yourself out there for them to wreck you
<Benchilla> They filmed so much of me
<Benchilla> And that's what they went with
<Ez> wait
<Ez> that's you?
<Benchilla> Yes
<lansiar> nothing good could come of that shit
<Ez> do I want to see it?
<Benchilla> Maybe
<Benchilla> It's funny
<Ez> do you embarass yourself?
<lansiar> lol
<Benchilla> It's more or less that they edited it to be as embarassing as possible
<Benchilla> They did a whole interview with me beforehand
<Raconteur> Hahaha yeah
<lellow> Haha wow
<Benchilla> And all they used was me wiping my nose on my arm

The video in question is taken down already, but I'm sure you can find it with enough searching (why would you want to, though??)

Some choice quotes from people who aren't furries:

Unfortunately, Ben Purdom, 18, a cable television salesman from Philadelphia, was a joke contestant, doing a bad Lady Gaga song.

Burping his way into stardom as he struggles to get his name out, Ben is just plain a wreck. One of those: “My friend told me I’m a good singer so I thought I’d sit in line for 8 hours and make a fool of myself on national television” victims...

At least he had the sense not to bring furry into this at all. But still, what in fuck would possess you to do this, Ben?
"we did farts.  now we do sperm.  we are cutting edge." — Theo DeRaadt

Ben

• E-points: +6/-9
  • smelly vaginahead extraordinare
    • View Profile
Re: Our Very Own Benchilla stars on American Idol. Nobody likes it.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 08:38:55 pm »
Basically, I was looking at the Wikipedia page for season 11 of AI randomly, and noticed that a last-minute addition to the audition schedule had been added in New Jersey. I long told people for years that American Idol was garbage, but I thought it'd be fun to try and see how far I would get. Honestly, I didn't think I would get that far, or much less have them air my celebrity judge audition.

To be clear, I didn't go into this sick; there was about a week and a half between the first producer audition, and what you saw on TV. If I had been sick at the very beginning, I wouldn't have bothered at all. All in all though, it was an interesting experience, and it certainly didn't ruin my life or anything, so it was all in good fun, even if they did edit it to make me look especially bad. S'just television.

also you're gay for just now making this thread (owned)

Kirune

• Connoisseur of Cock
  • E-points: +2/-4
  • hokay
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 10:41:54 pm »
gotta get dose 3 minutes of fame.

no but really, knowing what AI will do, that was a bad idea and you should feel bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L7luWkLgCs here's the link for anyone interested
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nymp4UNvPr4 and ben attempts to redeem himself

ProvincialTwit

• Abuse Dept.
  • Postcount killed Trogdor
  • E-points: +78/-34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 11:15:43 pm »
This is a bad thread and you are all bad posters for posting in it.