Author Topic: Once and for all, what is Dragoneer's job?  (Read 3174 times)

Jim Demintia

• Posts like Kage drinks
  • E-points: +24/-6
  • Deflator Mouse
    • View Profile
Once and for all, what is Dragoneer's job?
« on: August 03, 2010, 10:33:18 am »
So maybe you've seen that after years of being a section in the FA article, Princess Piche finally has his own ED article. But it is a pretty crappy article, and it could benefit either from re-writing or at least more "real" (i.e. plausible) dirt on its subject. It's gotta be out there.

Particularly, does anyone know with a reasonable amount of authority (first hand, trusted source, etc.) what Dragoneer actually does during the workday? The article says he works at a 7-Eleven but I don't see how he spends the money he does, lives in NoVA, and works at a 7-Eleven, unless he like manages one or something. Even then it just doesn't seem likely.
Can it be this sad design
Could be the very same
A wooly man without a face
And a beast without a name

Sechs

• E-points: +5/-9
    • View Profile
Re: Once and for all, what is Dragoneer's job?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 11:20:33 am »
I dunno why he'd even have his own ED article, other than that he runs FA (by many opinions, badly, but still). Unless someone with a grudge just pushed and pushed until finally they published one just to shut the whiner up.

... Oh, right, Hirtes is an avid EDiot. Article explained.

Jim Demintia

• Posts like Kage drinks
  • Deflator Mouse
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 11:28:11 am »
Whoever it is sure is obsessed with FA.

And God, looking through the history, the people writing that sure can't be bothered to do research. Or even make sense. Reading, Philadelphia?
Could be the very same

Sechs

• E-points: +5/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 11:38:04 am »
And his awesome carreers, too.

Yeah, as I suspected, the article reads more like a venting of butthurt and attempted vengeance than a documentation of drama and ridiculousness. The current version isn't a lot better, but stuff like:

Despite his steady income from ad revenue, Sean has a job at 7-eleven. This makes him a money-grabbing Jew.

is at least a little closer to the usual ED style. Still reads more like someone thinking "Boy, I'm really going to put that rich fascist mod bastard in his place now! I'll teach him to ban me!" though.

And what-ho! Speak of the devil, this even has a long, breathlessly-written section about how he bans people, and then apparently demands they debase themselves abjectly in repentance.

As to what Dragoneer does... I'd suggest just sending him a note or an email or something and asking him yourself. Or tweet him. Or any of that other shit. Either he'll tell you or he won't, but it's your best chance aside from going all Internet Detective and spending five months in deep cover pretending to be a fat gay Digimon enthusiast to earn his trust.

ETA: Wow, even the EDiots think the article is shitsux.

LordNagetiere

• E-points: +12/-16
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 03:44:48 pm »
ED's been on a massive decline for a long time coming now. The fact they have a really crappy article on Dragoneer when there is the likes of Hirtes or Allan out there who despise him for personal reasons is not surprising in the least.
random gay furry art is broken , when will it be fixed ?

Jim Demintia

• Posts like Kage drinks
  • Deflator Mouse
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 04:03:09 pm »
Putting aside the truth factor (since we know ED doesn't care about that anyway), the FA article (and their section on Dragoneer) is decent. I always figured that the reason he doesn't have a (better) article was because no one really knew anything worth posting about him personally that wasn't already related to FA.
Could be the very same

AshleyAshes

• E-points: +4/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2010, 10:13:14 pm »
Wow an entire section titled 'Army Career' to cover and insult the fact that he was a contracted civilian and sent to the ass end of nowhere to do IT work?  Meanwhile a single, two word sentance covers a ligitimate and persistant fuck up by him; Keeping Pinkuh as an admin when she seems to offer no special skills that any other idiot could offer and is a hostile detriment to the administrative team in general.

Geez, this article is terrible and fueled by a grudge with no good material behind it.

rodox_video

• Posts like Kage drinks
  • E-points: +34/-8
  • HURF DURF DUH BLUH
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 03:05:43 am »
and this is why the plug needs to be pulled on ed
Zeriara is part of a series on Whores.

Jim Demintia

• Posts like Kage drinks
  • Deflator Mouse
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2010, 05:48:46 am »
Wow an entire section titled 'Army Career' to cover and insult the fact that he was a contracted civilian

Yeah, best yet it claims he was "discharged" for medical reasons (i.e. weight). As far as I know, military contractors have far more relaxed physical requirements than actual military folks do. Unless he's lost like 200 pounds since then, I really doubt he was too fat to install Windows XP, even if it was in the middle of Boratstan or whatever.
Could be the very same

Conan

• Posts like Kage drinks
  • E-points: +39/-9
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2010, 01:18:51 am »
Sorry to bump an old-ish thread, but it is one of the reasons I signed up here...

Last week I finished cleaning up and adding to Fagoneer's ED article. I took out most of the stupid stuff (like the 7-eleven thing) and replaced it with facts, and also added some recent drama. Anyone have any ideas for additions? Things that can be taken out? I'm also in the progress of cleaning up the FA article over here. Again, ideas would be helpful.

Jim Demintia

• Posts like Kage drinks
  • Deflator Mouse
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2010, 05:25:28 am »
I noticed your changes; and they do sound more credible than, uh, 7-Eleven, but I'd like to know how you know this stuff.
Could be the very same

Conan

• Posts like Kage drinks
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2010, 11:45:36 am »
I noticed your changes; and they do sound more credible than, uh, 7-Eleven, but I'd like to know how you know this stuff.

I've put it together through following him on Twitter for more than a year. He usually tweets about stupid stuff but occasionally he'll tweet about his job. He's tweeted a couple times about how his employer has offered to send him to other countries, with him turning it down each time because of FA and his commitment to "the community". I know for a fact he works in IT still because he's always complaining about having to fix other people's computers. Back when FA moved datacenters, he had to tell his boss he couldn't help relocate some servers because FA was in his trunk. Yes, that's right, for a while FA was locked in his car's trunk.

So yeah. Twitter.

Jim Demintia

• Posts like Kage drinks
  • Deflator Mouse
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2010, 06:35:56 pm »
So his ED page says he still works for the Federal government. Did that come from Twitter too?

Not that I'm disbelieving you or anything, considering his well-documented past as a military IT contractor it'd be a perfectly natural path for him, and one that's quite fitting for him. I live in an area where the DoD is a major employer, and all I'm going to say is that if you want to bitch about government welfare, look no further.
Could be the very same

Conan

• Posts like Kage drinks
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2010, 09:23:48 pm »
So his ED page says he still works for the Federal government. Did that come from Twitter too?

Not that I'm disbelieving you or anything, considering his well-documented past as a military IT contractor it'd be a perfectly natural path for him, and one that's quite fitting for him. I live in an area where the DoD is a major employer, and all I'm going to say is that if you want to bitch about government welfare, look no further.

I can't remember where it came from, but I'm 95% sure that is the case.

Jim Demintia

• Posts like Kage drinks
  • Deflator Mouse
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2010, 02:54:24 pm »
Well, according to ED, he bought a new cellphone, started Twittering from it, neglected to turn off geolocation, and suddenly everyone knows not only where he works but his exact home address too. He hasn't deleted the Twitter messages (yet), and ED links to them: Work and Home.

I wonder how long it takes him to realize he can play games with people all he wants, but if his public Twitter feed is pretty much an unfiltered feed of impulse thoughts from him, who cares if he won't answer some questions? He'll volunteer the information unasked, eventually.

Oh, and I don't know how involved he is with DoD related stuff, but this is sort-of relevant. What would he do if he couldn't have his latest smartphone with him at work?
Could be the very same

Conan

• Posts like Kage drinks
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2010, 06:09:20 pm »
Well, according to ED, he bought a new cellphone, started Twittering from it, neglected to turn off geolocation, and suddenly everyone knows not only where he works but his exact home address too. He hasn't deleted the Twitter messages (yet), and ED links to them: Work and Home.

I wonder how long it takes him to realize he can play games with people all he wants, but if his public Twitter feed is pretty much an unfiltered feed of impulse thoughts from him, who cares if he won't answer some questions? He'll volunteer the information unasked, eventually.

Oh, and I don't know how involved he is with DoD related stuff, but this is sort-of relevant. What would he do if he couldn't have his latest smartphone with him at work?

Well he tweeted the other day that he had to DoD-wipe (he just wanted to destroy them because he was "too lazy" to wipe them) some hard drives, so he probably does deal with classified information occasionally.  To top it off he's admitted to doing FA things while at work and chatting with friends on YIM. If they locked him down he'd probably go crazy.

His Twitter feed just shows off his "Act, don't think" mentality. Posting emails, chat logs, things from when he worked at VH1 (He did! But he deleted the tweet and materials shortly after)... ANYTHING to make him look like a pretty cool guy who doesn't afraid of anything. Eventually it'll backfire and he'll become another person in trouble for what they did on social media.

Jim Demintia

• Posts like Kage drinks
  • Deflator Mouse
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2010, 11:34:47 am »
Well, for what it's worth it's not uncommon, especially for companies that close to the federal government, to use Federal standards not directly applicable to them since the government is (can be) very demanding in terms of quality, correctness and what not. Ha ha, I know, but at least when it comes to Federal standards they are not only usually pretty good for what they specify but they're almost always entirely published and usually not encumbered by any intellectual property claims. A good example is that of AES, an encryption standard that was created in a contest by the Feds and is now practically ubiquitous in the public and private sectors.

tl;dr - "DoD wipe" is a term for a particular kind of hard drive wipe that, while it was created at the DoD, may or may not have anything to do with the DoD when it is applied. He may very well have been dealing with, say, Social Security numbers of Medicare beneficiaries. Or whatever. You get the idea.
Could be the very same

loki

• E-points: +2/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2010, 08:52:50 pm »
Going by the type of work I do (defense), he wouldn't have access to the internet if it were anything that was actually important. The US government will probably not give two shits about social security numbers, medicare ID, diplomatic cables, and so forth since they're not classified but if it's anything to do with actually military technology secrets you would never, ever, ever be connected to an external network [internet]. So I find it hard he deals with anything remotely interesting. Plus if he's stupid enough to actually post something that is really classified by the DoD then he would probably end up in jail sooner or later. :I

Jim Demintia

• Posts like Kage drinks
  • Deflator Mouse
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2010, 06:58:44 am »
I notice the company ED links to does defense stuff but also does work for DHS. It would just be too perfect if he was involved with "America's boldest effort to employ the mentally retarded".

Oh, and I'm sure the medical privacy law (HIPAA or whatever it's called) has reams upon reams of exceptions for government, but I know at least in the private sector personal medical information is srs bzns. Granted, probably not as much as classified DoD stuff, but even like information they collect for food stamps: if that gets out the person responsible generally will be prosecuted. It has happened before.

Shit, I work at a college and I don't think I've ever seen on single bit of private student data and probably never will, but when they hired me I had to sign a statement saying that I understood mishandling such information was at least a firing offense.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 10:50:45 am by Jim Demintia »
Could be the very same