Author Topic: Furry Migration Attendee Dies  (Read 1319 times)

Conan

• Postcount killed Trogdor
  • E-points: +44/-12
  • \(_o)/
    • View Profile
Furry Migration Attendee Dies
« on: September 11, 2016, 03:59:36 pm »
An attendee of Minneapolis' Furry Migration died Saturday morning due to "natural causes", the convention reports:

https://twitter.com/FurryMigration/status/774810213366902784

No further details have been released. This is the first known death of a convention attendee at a furry con, though there have been some close calls in the past.

gnpg

• E-points: +8/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Furry Migration Attendee Dies
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 10:11:38 am »
The con staff mentioned it on Twitter but it wasn't mentioned at all during closing ceremonies.  Happened (or was discovered) early on Saturday I think; half of the 8th floor hallway had a cop and a hotel staff person blocking off access.  There was pretty much no information available; partially because police procedure, plus family had to be notified first, etc.

The alcohol incident was a private adult room party; they were carding people still one person passed out from drinking too much.  She wasn't one of the room occupants and they weren't sure what to do, so they ended up closing down their own party and contacted someone; I was by the elevators and she was being wheeled away by a paramedic, she was a little conscious at that point.

What else... someone demonstrating their dance skills accidentally dislocated their shoulder I think.  And near the end of the fursuit parade, everyone goes down a series of escalators, one person tripped and fell down as they were stepping off, they were ok afterwards.

Generally though your average midsize furry con, decently run, I got to see some friends I hadn't seen in quite a while.