Author Topic: FAU 2016 attendance drops to 2011 levels  (Read 870 times)

Conan

• Postcount killed Trogdor
  • E-points: +44/-12
  • \(_o)/
    • View Profile
FAU 2016 attendance drops to 2011 levels
« on: August 14, 2016, 08:30:25 pm »
FA:U's move from the middle of nowhere in New Jersey to just outside Dulles International Airport in Virginia seems to have had a negative effect, as attendance dropped for the second consecutive year in a row. The convention's numbers show a drop of nearly 120 people this year from last year's (questionable) number of 658 (Which was a drop from the peak of 707 the year prior), setting them back to attendance levels they last had in 2011.

@mortonfox: Back from the #FAU2016 closing ceremony. Final attendance number: 539. The monkey's dead. The show's over. I'll probably be back next year!

Even when Anthrocon moved from Philadelphia to Pittsburgh, attendance went up 5%. In fact, the only Anthrocon to ever have a decrease in attendance was the year prior to the move to Pittsburgh, when they had to scramble to find a new hotel after their old one was demolished. It looks like Piche isn't going to be the next Uncle Kage after all. :(

Someone posted a tweet showing 4 people at the Saturday night dance, which is abysmal for pretty much any type of furry con.

RIP FA:U.

nrr

• Sean Piche Fan Club
  • Cabalistic Fuckhead
  • E-points: +8/-3
  • OMG SO CUTE ^__^
    • View Profile
Re: FAU 2016 attendance drops to 2011 levels
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 09:51:23 pm »
Someone posted a tweet showing 4 people at the Saturday night dance, which is abysmal for pretty much any type of furry con.

I mean, even Furlaxation had 10 people at the dances...
im glad the "I saw a furry IRL" thread is so good at bringing goons together

YOUR PARTICIPLES AREN'T THE ONLY THINGS DANGLING