Author Topic: Further Confusion advertising at the airport for some reason  (Read 1182 times)

Conan

• Postcount killed Trogdor
  • E-points: +44/-12
  • \(_o)/
    • View Profile
Further Confusion advertising at the airport for some reason
« on: December 24, 2015, 01:55:23 am »
There seems to be an annual tradition of people posting photos from Pittsburgh's airport of the shitty "Allegheny County Welcomes..." LED message sign above some escalators displaying "WELCOME ANTHROCON". This is something the Convention and Visitors Bureau does without the con getting involved.

Further Confusion has decided they need to one-up that, and went and got an outright advertisement put up in the San Jose airport.

Presumably the advertisement is meant to attract people who have for years had the urge to dress up like a dog but for some reason remained blissfully ignorant of the existence of the Furry Fandom. "Sorry, Dear. I need to go back to San Jose next month. There was a picture of a dog costume on the screen and I absolutely must attend this event!"

camellia sinensis

• Winner: Worst Username on Viv 2011
  • E-points: +36/-4
  • Drink me
    • View Profile
Re: Further Confusion advertising at the airport for some reason
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2015, 10:04:57 pm »
a con buying local ad space is a really strange thing to try and neg for cool points but i guess you'll take what you can get huh conan

rodox_video

• Posts like Kage drinks
  • E-points: +61/-14
  • HURF DURF DUH BLUH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2015, 11:21:10 pm »
There seems to be an annual tradition of people posting photos from Pittsburgh's airport of the shitty "Allegheny County Welcomes..." LED message sign above some escalators displaying "WELCOME ANTHROCON". This is something the Convention and Visitors Bureau does without the con getting involved.

Further Confusion has decided they need to one-up that, and went and got an outright advertisement put up in the San Jose airport.

Presumably the advertisement is meant to attract people who have for years had the urge to dress up like a dog but for some reason remained blissfully ignorant of the existence of the Furry Fandom. "Sorry, Dear. I need to go back to San Jose next month. There was a picture of a dog costume on the screen and I absolutely must attend this event!"

ok
Zeriara is part of a series on Whores.

ProvincialTwit

• Abuse Dept.
  • Admin
  • Postcount killed Trogdor
  • E-points: +79/-35
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2015, 11:46:34 am »
a con buying local ad space is a really strange thing to try and neg for cool points but i guess you'll take what you can get huh conan

It's a late entry but I think we've got a strong candidate for BEST POST 2015 right here

mahadri

• E-points: +3/-0
  • Uninitiated Rube
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2015, 11:15:16 pm »
The SJC airport advertising is included with the package for the San Jose Convention Center, operated by San Jose's convention and visitors bureau.