Author Topic: Looking for some answers  (Read 1731 times)

Wolf-Bone

• E-points: +0/-4
  • Uninitiated Rube
    • View Profile
Looking for some answers
« on: October 09, 2015, 05:22:01 pm »
I've been lurking here for ages, on and off. I joined maybe just for this one post. But it's that important, to me, anyway. I know this seems like about the worst place in the world to ask for advice, but the thing of it is, I've been between laptops for probably a few weeks now if not a month or so. Ever since Red Savage and Milo Time had, let's just call it "the incident", I can't fucking tell heads from tails most of the time. But FA, whatever else you want to say about it, and I'd likely agree with you, it was important to them. So whatever future that place has, or even if it has none, I set out to try to chronicle and make sense of the events as they unfolded. The tech issues alone would have made that impossible even if the day to day changes in the scenario (or narrative, depending on who it was coming from) didn't. So, I'm really out of the fucking loop here.

I try to find what I can here but it seems incomplete. I figure someone else maybe beat me to it. What I wanted to do at the time was basically just get a timeline of events, simplify it, spit it back out in something, I dunno, accessible, like you could read this in maybe the same length of time as a typical news article and get a solid, clear notion of what the actual fuck happened. And on top of this... Is there really even a point anymore? You know, there's a part of me, small, that feels sorry Red and Milo ever saw anything, any hope at all, in something like FA. Call it immature, too emotional, but that's the way it is. I feel like that place really let them down. It learned nothing from their deaths. It should have shocked them into some kind of change, to make them realize, they're fighting over petty bullshit and we have this thread here full of people clinging to hope that some good will come out of all that horror and tragedy. A lot of people posted in that thread, who came back from being banned or absent literally just for them, and in some cases like mine, with a renewed hope for FA. Well, I was one of those people. And that leads me to something where I can't tell if I'm paranoid or not and, again, someone here might be able to help me out.

What I need to know is, is there any precedence of FA admins, say, doing something like changing a user's password on them, changing the email registered to that account to try to lock them out if a ban would be too obvious? The reason I ask is because I was one of the ones who, in the anger over what was happening on the site/forums, called out Chase. I literally called Chase a coward, because that's what you are when you do any one of the many things Chase does that could be called cowardly. But sure, let's start with banning people from the forums just to protect your rep even once you obviously have no rep left to protect. And of course, I got banned with the rest. But if that cunting little fuck or anyone else currently in the FA camp is known to do that, it would tell me all I need to know.

I'm all but certain it can't be just me, like I would somehow forget the email I've been using for like a decade now was indeed not the one I registered my account under... And retrieved my password with before... Like, say when the site got that update and my old password needed to be updated after one reset, which, again, seemed a bit suspicious. It was really just after I rejoined FAF and as I remember I wasn't there long before I started laying into the utter debauchery comitted by every single sentient creature on that forum who should have known better. And if nothing else, they do have a history of fucking with users and their accounts in other ways.

I'm not at all a prominent figure in that community I don't think but I didn't need to be to get permabanned either, I just had to piss off the wrong person with the right buttons and the desperation to use them at the slightest excuse. I guess in certain breeds of subhuman it creates a sensation similar to having testicles. Like a phantom pain, from when they were cut off as part of increasingly insane initiation rituals. Like, I dunno, something tells me the photo IDs thing was just the last straw in a long line of increasingly "job-like" humiliations prospective staff were subject to. What I read here makes it sound almost like a cult.

Is there any fucking plan, by anyone, anywhere, for some kind of real, I guess renewal, resolution here? Because I know Weasyl ain't all that but it's there at least, and it's not too, too broken and teeming with politics... Is it? The one good thing that came from those events, that still persists among some of the people present for those events is that a lot of us decided, once and for all, we were done with bullshit. Meaning, we were done sacrificing massive pieces of our time, pride, and respect on childish, fruitless hobbies if those hobbies become like a job. Or a drug. Or if they just "ruin" you in some way. So for better or worse, the two events became tied for some.

So things like this are cut and dry for some but for others, there's so much to consider in decided what's important to you here that unless you know certain details for certain, you just don't know and if you don't know, that means your decision will probably be wrong. I am so, so sick of being so, so sorry for so, so many bad decisions, especially these kinds. Over a site. But it was important, right?

Sorry. This is just not an easy thing to make sense of, for a lot of reasons.

edit: I forgot to point out that literally every time I use the site, and I mean say I used it 3 days ago last. Well 3 days ago it went offline about that many times. And if today was day 2, which it is since I started counting, well, I count one outage so far. What the literal fuck? I thought being bought out usually IMPROVES things like, um, the building not caving in?

graeme

• E-points: +12/-1
  • Uninitiated Rube
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for some answers
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 07:16:15 pm »
You need to let it go.

You're taking everything far too personally.

Wolf-Bone

• Uninitiated Rube
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 07:25:06 pm »
holy shit, I'm enlightened, suddenly. fuck me sideways, that was quick!

graeme

• E-points: +12/-1
  • Uninitiated Rube
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 07:36:28 pm »
Let me rephrase, then.

What possible answers do you think we have, and why do you think we care?

Wolf-Bone

• Uninitiated Rube
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 08:25:26 pm »
maybe because as much as you pretend otherwise, you're furries, and losers with no lives on the internet who dedicate an entire fucking forum to essentially obsessing over other forums? yet yours is the least active out of all of them. go figure. i'll probably, as usual, end up getting what i need entirely on my own. i usually prefer it to dealing with cunts like yourself as a general rule. this lot are, sometimes, more "educated" cunts and, to some people, that makes shit like this tolerable. i can see the case for that if there's something to the bullshit besides the average "why is this even here, uhhh" post like, you know, is what makes FAF shit for content even once you get past all the blame you could lay on staff and admins. who the fuck am I, why should you care, okay, great. likewise. are we witty and edgy yet? no, you're the same idiot i normally try to avoid on the internet. you sit there, you make sounds, impressive, so does this rubber fish on the wall but should I listen?

in short, fuck you too, but also sideways.

Anarcho-Loser

• E-points: +10/-3
  • YIFF BLOC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2015, 08:52:05 pm »
There is, to my knowledge, no precedent for FA staff to change users passwords to lock them out. They've never had much use for anything even remotely approaching subtlety.
We tried, we failed.

rodox_video

• Posts like Kage drinks
  • E-points: +61/-14
  • HURF DURF DUH BLUH
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2015, 12:21:56 am »
You're looking for shit that isn't there and skeeving everyone out in the process.
Zeriara is part of a series on Whores.

Folseh

• E-points: +3/-0
  • Uninitiated Rube
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2015, 03:02:39 am »
Short answer: No
Long answer: no not really, they have no real use to doing such a thing
Now go away Wolf-bone and be paranoid elsewhere because so far you've shown that you really didnt need to come here anyway...

farce majeure

• Winner: Best Username on Viv 2015
  • E-points: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2015, 07:43:18 am »
I've been lurking here for ages, on and off. I joined maybe just for this one post. But it's that important, to me, anyway. I know this seems like about the worst place in the world to ask for advice, but the thing of it is, I've been between laptops for probably a few weeks now if not a month or so. Ever since Red Savage and Milo Time had, let's just call it "the incident", I can't fucking tell heads from tails most of the time. But FA, whatever else you want to say about it, and I'd likely agree with you, it was important to them. So whatever future that place has, or even if it has none, I set out to try to chronicle and make sense of the events as they unfolded. The tech issues alone would have made that impossible even if the day to day changes in the scenario (or narrative, depending on who it was coming from) didn't. So, I'm really out of the fucking loop here.

Uh, Red didn't give much more then mild amusement at FA. FA is a joke she would make fun of, not some crusade worth putting her in some sort of martyr status. How about you stop pursuing this and get some serious mental help as you're off your rocker and this isn't the place for deranged spiels or psychiatric counseling.

You were never mentioned by Red, and I think they barely knew you. Get help, and get out.
yes yes get out etc

Gourd

• E-points: +1/-0
  • Uninitiated Rube
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2015, 11:35:44 am »
Wolf-Bone, this really is not worth your time. You forgot your password, man. It's really just as simple. There isn't a conspiracy against you, that much we can promise.

Pi

• POOR IMPULSE CONTROL
  • Cabalistic Fuckhead
  • Posts like Kage drinks
  • E-points: +54/-12
  • <blink>yes hello</blink>
    • View Profile
    • Clan Spum userpage
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2015, 11:37:37 am »
can i go back in time and and un-read the giant mass of :words: that was just vomited all over my eyeballs
"we did farts.  now we do sperm.  we are cutting edge." Theo DeRaadt