Author Topic: FAF Plotting a Coup  (Read 9202 times)

Baron Von Clop

• E-points: +1/-0
  • Uninitiated Rube
    • View Profile
Re: FAF Plotting a Coup
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2015, 11:26:58 pm »
http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/7062788

The forums are returning to FA, but only after "long overdue upgrades" and new moderators are recruited. Basically what I'm reading is "never", because that sounds like a lot of effort. Also considering completely abandoning the current software and moving to Xenforo.

Anarcho-Loser

• E-points: +10/-3
  • YIFF BLOC
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2015, 01:30:45 am »
A message has appeared on the phoenix site. Seems they have decided to make an entirely new forum.

At polite request, the previous forums had to close. We are working on something new that will take their place soon. A special thanks to everyone who supported this operation.
Feel free to join our IRC channel, #phoenix, over at irc.furnet.org
We tried, we failed.

I.S.T.

• E-points: +2/-1
  • Uninitiated Rube
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2015, 03:26:02 am »
Jesus Christ, this was a clusterfuck. How in the hell did people forget a lot of this shit before the split? Like, I do not understand why nobody bothered to inform IMVU until two or three days ago.

uncia2000

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2015, 12:31:18 pm »
If I'm interpreting this correctly, Yak makes deals behind Piche's back.
Probably very, very lucky for IMVU, if so, because if legal action had come around, it would have been far from clear-cut. Sean's own understanding of the history of the forum is also ropey to say the least; http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/7062788/#cid:47404014

(Does anyone know if Arc's still pursuing that other course of action, out of curiosity...? Sean is really, really bad at covering his back and a coach and horses could probably have been driven through that. I'd emailed the details but never heard back after one brief response.)

Conan

• Postcount killed Trogdor
  • E-points: +44/-12
  • \(_o)/
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2015, 12:15:37 am »
Another post, in which we find out Carenath has no balls.

There should be no further issues on this matter. FA have their data and if they are migrating over to Xenforo then the community would benefit from the upgrade to more modern forum software.

The least he could have done was destroyed the data and then been like "oh I thought that's what you wanted me to do sorry~~~"

uncia2000

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2015, 02:51:26 am »
Another post, in which we find out Carenath has no balls.
At least I received one reply from Arc. If Carenath had actually bothered to reply just once either on the forums or mainsite, things might have turned out differently: no joy after several attempts so I just walked as that required both their personal attention and action...

(The two matters are somewhat related but pointless to turn over all the cards in public if all people want to do is throw in the towel as soon as the new masters start pulling strings. Not worth any drama for that when 90%+ of the community are only interested in a stable, functioning site without /too/ much politics or personally-oppressive management.)

nrr

• Sean Piche Fan Club
  • Cabalistic Fuckhead
  • E-points: +8/-3
  • OMG SO CUTE ^__^
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2015, 05:35:00 am »
At least I received one reply from Arc. If Carenath had actually bothered to reply just once either on the forums or mainsite, things might have turned out differently: no joy after several attempts so I just walked as that required both their personal attention and action...

When in the timeline of events did you reach out to Carenath and not get a response on the mainsite? I feel like I blinked and missed this.
im glad the "I saw a furry IRL" thread is so good at bringing goons together

YOUR PARTICIPLES AREN'T THE ONLY THINGS DANGLING

uncia2000

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2015, 06:10:40 am »
When in the timeline of events did you reach out to Carenath and not get a response on the mainsite? I feel like I blinked and missed this.
The PM on FA (mainsite) followed quite a bit later, for obvious reasons, after I'd received no response on the forums: there was initially a technical issue there but the message should've been received once or twice.
Timestamp for that: "quick query; Sent By: miyevskr to Carenath On: September 7th, 2015 06:53"

nrr

• Sean Piche Fan Club
  • Cabalistic Fuckhead
  • E-points: +8/-3
  • OMG SO CUTE ^__^
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2015, 05:31:11 pm »
The PM on FA (mainsite) followed quite a bit later, for obvious reasons, after I'd received no response on the forums: there was initially a technical issue there but the message should've been received once or twice.
Timestamp for that: "quick query; Sent By: miyevskr to Carenath On: September 7th, 2015 06:53"

Sigh. Did he even read it?
im glad the "I saw a furry IRL" thread is so good at bringing goons together

YOUR PARTICIPLES AREN'T THE ONLY THINGS DANGLING

an Hoopoe

• Postcount killed Trogdor
  • E-points: +37/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2015, 09:13:39 am »
Flabbergasting statement from an FA admin, commenting on that news posting:

^
http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/7062788#cid:47409476

Folseh

• E-points: +3/-0
  • Uninitiated Rube
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2015, 12:04:17 pm »
Flabbergasting statement from an FA admin, commenting on that news posting:

^
http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/7062788#cid:47409476
Technically true...
Those that spoke their mind actually QUIT or REMOVED as an admin when things didnt improve for the ACTUAL better...
I mean...FA had a whole admin team from another SITE that came to improve FA quit...