Author Topic: Staff Changes Megathread  (Read 22175 times)

Conan

• Postcount killed Trogdor
  • E-points: +44/-12
  • \(_o)/
    • View Profile
Re: Staff Changes Megathread
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2015, 10:37:49 pm »
Some of this is just golden. Chase's reasoning for anonymous mods, trying to compare it to retail employees, makes absolutely no sense. Last time I checked, Walmart employees aren't assigned random names like "Associate - Puma" and have their first name printed on their name tag. Keeping moderators from "getting doxxed" is not the site's responsibility. After reading his bullshit excuses, I think it's much more likely they're just trying to protect themselves from poor decisions and having to fire someone should any particular moderator cause another moderation controversy.

Dragoneer's part of the logs are much sadder. I've heard rumors before that he's bipolar, and these chat logs do a good job of backing those claims up.

It's was implied on Twitter that each moderator was using their own moderator account. This means that the last "recruitment drive" resulted in, what, a grand total of four people being added to staff? I'm sure the NDA's that Princess Piche has become obsessed over aren't going to help people want to jump on board, especially if he starts running around threatening legal action on anyone who speaks out about he, his wife, and best friend being useless piles of shit.

N

• E-points: +1/-0
  • Filthy Animal Person
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2015, 02:02:58 am »
Walmart employees aren't assigned random names like "Associate - Puma" and have their first name printed on their name tag.
That... would actually be pretty cool.

I think it's much more likely they're just trying to protect themselves from poor decisions and having to fire someone should any particular moderator cause another moderation controversy.

Not just that. They don't have to deal with the next starrykitten directly, and if they have to can someone (like Ren) they don't have to worry about any drama, supposedly! After all, tell anyone that you actually did moderation for FA and you get instabanned. Problem solved. *cough*

Bringing on more than 3-4 volunteers would actually require they do some sort of work to manage the team, instead of whatever training they give them and then letting them off the leashes to do all their work while neer plays ESO.

Dragoneer's part of the logs are much sadder. I've heard rumors before that he's bipolar, and these chat logs do a good job of backing those claims up.

It isn't just a rumor, at least according to neer. https://mobile.twitter.com/Dragoneer/status/622167278570860546?p=p

ColonThree

• E-points: +18/-3
  • Not a cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2015, 04:10:21 am »
After reading his bullshit excuses, I think it's much more likely they're just trying to protect themselves from poor decisions and having to fire someone should any particular moderator cause another moderation controversy.

Dragoneer says as much in one of the logs in the album

[note: image was already censored]
~Witty quote~

Rowedahelicon

• E-points: +2/-0
  • Uninitiated Rube
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2015, 04:13:50 am »
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B15hoI7CFSWpflRvTkxOdHFnSVNUSFNMdjRCV1k3bTNTc1Z5SWRVV1pSM1ZObC1lZ0R1U1E&usp=sharing New link for the gallery because /someone/ managed to get all of the skype logs taken off imgur.

quantityorama

• E-points: +1/-1
  • Uninitiated Rube
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2015, 10:36:52 am »
Suddenly super curious about who "________" is and what they were actively "________"-ing.

Anarcho-Loser

• E-points: +10/-3
  • YIFF BLOC
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2015, 11:21:44 am »
I'm guessing Zidonuke/StarryKitten and actively hacking.
We tried, we failed.

Anarcho-Loser

• YIFF BLOC
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2015, 10:55:08 am »
Piche has broken their silence. However they have chosen to do so on Reddit, where no one will ever see it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/furry/comments/3hdki1/best_collection_of_fail_affinity_ever/
We tried, we failed.

Rowedahelicon

• E-points: +2/-0
  • Uninitiated Rube
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2015, 01:02:23 pm »
Piche has broken their silence. However they have chosen to do so on Reddit, where no one will ever see it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/furry/comments/3hdki1/best_collection_of_fail_affinity_ever/

I love how the Neer Defense Squad seem to be hanging back for this one

Anarcho-Loser

• YIFF BLOC
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2015, 02:02:03 pm »
Mentova has stepped down as a forum mod

http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/6975345/

*edit*

Taralak has also left

https://forums.furaffinity.net/threads/133693-Ask-Taralack?p=5413067&viewfull=1#post5413067

I believe FAF no longer has any mods, only admins.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 04:49:29 pm by Anarcho-Loser »
We tried, we failed.

winserv03fan

• Dumbest Username Award - May 2012
  • E-points: +6/-9
  • A Duck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2015, 05:47:18 pm »
ozriel's mod status is gone now as well.

Also Taralak had this to say on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/s_Whiskeyjack/status/633785294991417344
the top brass wanted us to provide photo ID so we could stay on as forum mod. in what universe is that reasonable?
That explains quite a bit.

Conan

• \(_o)/
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2015, 07:03:44 pm »
Well, that settles it. Princess Piche has finally lost it.

Gourd

• E-points: +1/-0
  • Uninitiated Rube
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2015, 12:45:36 am »
The forums are a complete war zone. Lol

Conan

• \(_o)/
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2015, 04:16:16 am »
Over on FAF a recent comment Dragoneer made on Reddit regarding the recent New York Times article about Amazon has been brought up.

I left Amazon, and would never return. Don't me wrong, Amazon was both the BEST place I ever worked for and the worst. But when Amazon does still like imposing mandatory overtime where employees are expected to work 80 hours a week, encouraged to work 100+... then threatened when they so much as challenge the status quo... yeah, it DOES create a soulless, dystopian workplace where no fun is had and no laughter heard.

When I left, most of my team was burned out. People were trying to be positive, but almost everyone I knew was also spending spare time job hunting.

A pretty relevant section of that article (emphasis added):
Tens of millions of Americans know Amazon as customers, but life inside its corporate offices is largely a mystery. Secrecy is required; even low-level employees sign a lengthy confidentiality agreement. The company authorized only a handful of senior managers to talk to reporters for this article, declining requests for interviews with Mr. Bezos and his top leaders.

It'd be interesting to go back and see when he really started pushing for an NDA, because although I remember it coming up before he worked for Amazon, it really seemed to become "a thing" while he was there. Apparently, that kind of stuff is not "soulless and dystopian" and the part of Amazon he liked most.

quantityorama

• E-points: +1/-1
  • Uninitiated Rube
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2015, 08:55:57 am »
I'd also have to wonder how long it is before mods/admins start looking at all these "legal" documents and say "Hey, wait a second... Why am I not getting paid for this?".

Gryphoneer

• E-points: +8/-9
  • Maggot Tool With Superiority Complex
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2015, 09:33:21 am »
Or start to wonder how that's even supposed to be binding for non-US citizens.

an Hoopoe

• E-points: +37/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 26, 2015, 02:12:09 pm »
Adminstrator Jasufox is gone. He was the one supposedly in charge of minor protection. He said in a journal that he was quitting because of IRL things.

I honestly think he was/is totally deluded about what he did (if he actually did anything) and FA because he said of FA:

It's been an honor to have gotten the chance to work with a dang awesome team, and help out the community I love. :D
^
http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/7128400/

I didn't save it, but a while back there was a post on lulz.net about him, where it was alleged that he was a drama-llama in his local furry community and that he had boasted that he had got onto SSI by faking disability with the connivance of his mother. I think it was his ex-boyfriend or someone who knew said ex who made the post.

Conan

• \(_o)/
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 16, 2015, 02:49:19 am »
FA has added two new developers.

One, "SilverEagle" is a brony, and describes their coding experience as "a web developer for the last 16 years, in every industry from higher education to pony media" and that in their spare time they are the "director and lead developer of a website called Ponyville Live that serves the Brony community."

Then there's Pickra, who is "versed in multiple programming languages such as Java, C/C++/C#, PHP, HTML, SQL, Lua, and Python and have experience in setting up and maintaining servers with operating systems like Windows Server and Linux (CentOS, Ubuntu, SUSE, Debian)" They are presumably friends with Chase as they stayed in the same room with him at FAU.

Someone who runs a MLP site and a friend of Chase. Truly the finest the fandom has to offer.

They also added a new feature where you can mark if you're open for commissions or not. So far, no word on just how many hundreds of hours they spent developing and implementing this humongous new feature.

Ketsuban

• E-points: +7/-1
  • Initiated Rube
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 21, 2015, 02:58:01 am »
in every industry from higher education to pony media
I love this. Just because you have two points, a line between them is totes valid, right?

Folseh

• E-points: +3/-0
  • Uninitiated Rube
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2015, 07:14:50 pm »
in every industry from higher education to pony media
I love this. Just because you have two points, a line between them is totes valid, right?
a downward line I say...