Author Topic: Anthrocon employs pedophile  (Read 5439 times)

Freehaven

• LOLS AND DONGS WHOLESALE
  • E-points: +12/-28
    • View Profile
Anthrocon employs pedophile
« on: June 29, 2010, 04:46:01 pm »
http://silversyourstep.blogspot.com/2010/06/good-help-is-not-that-hard-to-find.html

I've had several reports come in to me from people who did attend the con that convicted sex offender Daniel "Tora" Llamas was spotted at the con. Not just spotted, but working the registration desk, meaning that he had access to plenty of personal information on minors who were attending the con.

PleadingTheYiff

• E-points: +4/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Anthrocon employs pedophile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 05:30:51 pm »
Fuck. I know he was registration staff before the news broke about him. I'd made some inquiries and been told he wouldn't be let anywhere near that again. If true, AC needs a huge shaming on this. It's not a huge logical leap to go to 'hey, I'll give you an adult badge if you come up to my room later...'.
Ironic usernames R us.

rodox_video

• Posts like Kage drinks
  • E-points: +61/-14
  • HURF DURF DUH BLUH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 06:52:16 pm »
GOOD JOB
Zeriara is part of a series on Whores.

an Hoopoe

• Postcount killed Trogdor
  • E-points: +37/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 07:08:29 pm »
He accepted the offer of an Anthrocon staff position:

During the Artist Meet and Greet, I was offered a staff position at the Finance department (as Duncan and Takaza are retiring their posts as stated above). I graciously accepted it, so I hope I will be getting an e-mail from the Finance department soon.

http://almightytora.livejournal.com/9832.html

On FA, someone posted a journal addressed to Tora, viz. his alleged actions at this most recent Anthrocon:

You were busted trying to bring a minor into an adult party, and you were sighted flirting with minors. At Anthrocon this last weekend

http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/1514902/

If you look at the comments on the journal in the OP, you can see Tora issue denials about that.

Freehaven

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 07:13:41 pm »
He accepted the offer of an Anthrocon staff position:

During the Artist Meet and Greet, I was offered a staff position at the Finance department (as Duncan and Takaza are retiring their posts as stated above). I graciously accepted it, so I hope I will be getting an e-mail from the Finance department soon.

http://almightytora.livejournal.com/9832.html

Ahaha. I visited this and searched for the text in question; turns out, it was gone.  He must have deleted it.

Don't bother going to look for it, though; the entry's protected now.  I think the word's getting out now.

LTMosin

• E-points: +0/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 07:15:13 pm »
Given the fandom's "Open Door" approach to many things, this is hardly surprising.  I have long noticed that a lot of furries consider mere criticism, trolling, and/or mockery to be far worse than more serious manners such as this.
Should the worst excesses of the furry fandom perish, the following will be inscribed on the epitaph:

"By the little with which the human spirit is satisfied we can judge the extent of its loss."
-G.W.F. Hegel

an Hoopoe

• E-points: +37/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 07:15:58 pm »
Ahaha. I visited this and searched for the text in question; turns out, it was gone.  He must have deleted it.

Don't bother going to look for it, though; the entry's protected now.  I think the word's getting out now.

LTMosin

• E-points: +0/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 07:17:45 pm »

I appreciate your work as an "archivist" here.  Well done.  Such tactics have proven themselves to be necessary given the constant deletion of evidence by such types.
Should the worst excesses of the furry fandom perish, the following will be inscribed on the epitaph:

"By the little with which the human spirit is satisfied we can judge the extent of its loss."
-G.W.F. Hegel

Freehaven

• View Profile

Sechs

• E-points: +5/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2010, 12:16:30 am »
You know, usually I'm not really much for the whole "witch hunt" thing...

... buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut...

I wanna see the drama that unfolds when some parent sues everyone they can think of connected to the con because they knowingly let a convicted sex offender work in an area where they could've had contact with the kid. I wanna see Kage be all "OBJECTION! My lab coat totally says I don't have to take responsibility for the actions of my underlings!"

Jim Demintia

• Posts like Kage drinks
  • E-points: +24/-6
  • Deflator Mouse
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2010, 09:29:24 am »
Honestly? It shows how disconnected Kage is from the community he claims to represent. This guy has been on the drama-radar for how long now?
Can it be this sad design
Could be the very same
A wooly man without a face
And a beast without a name

OwO

• E-points: +1/-0
  • Uninitiated Rube
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2016, 01:22:51 am »
tora's biggest offense to the fandom is not retired that goddamn suit. it's been to so many damn cons and public events and orgies. the colors are faded. it's dirty and matted. it looks gross a f

Conan

• E-points: +44/-12
  • \(_o)/
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2016, 03:40:37 pm »
It's even nastier in person. I can't even really describe how nasty it is. He ended up standing next to me at one point at AC this year and I just wanted to take a shower afterwards.

I'm hoping that the grease and grime eventually cause the thing to spontaneously combust.

nopenope

• E-points: +6/-22
  • crusty hemorrhoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2016, 09:44:41 pm »
You can see some nice closeups of the matted parts if you're in the right chats and in the mood

Murderous Pacifist

• E-points: +2/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2016, 05:58:33 am »
Oh, so someone else also noticed this about his suit. I've seen him personally on a couple of occasions, and both times I've been struck by how ragged or subpar it looked compared to the average fursuit. It's as if this bloke doesn't know about pet brushes and that suits need to be brushed with them regularly to keep the fur unmatted. If he'd buy a bloody brush and smooth out the fur it probably wouldn't look nearly as bad. As it is now, it's so badly unkempt I'm embarrassed for the person who made his suit.

Murderous Pacifist

• E-points: +2/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2016, 02:00:19 am »
Heh, speaking of his fursuit, there was an exchange just now that was extremely relevant to what we were just discussing. He was asked whether he brushes his suit or something else causes it to have that appearance. He says his fursuit is made of Mongolian fur, which causes it to mat like that despite his regular brushing. Take from it what you will. I have no idea what Mongolian fur is.

nopenope

• E-points: +6/-22
  • crusty hemorrhoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2016, 03:33:36 am »
I directly suggested he should clean and brush.  He dismissed that because it was against the style of his sona. 

Now it's "Mongolian", WTF? OK that does appear to be an actual synthetic fur product. https://www.fabric.com/find?SearchText=mongolian It's made of the same shit as other fake furs and gives no reason it would have any difference.

The only reason I can imagine it wouldn't help to clean is if it's made of something else, like actual lamb pelt, which that suit is not. 

It's hard to find any reference why that bizarre excuse would happen, but here's actual lamb pelt: "Mongolian fur is silky to the touch, with 3-inch to 5-inch-long fibers which have a curly appearance. The fur's natural color is off-white, but it is commonly dyed in brilliant colors or bleached to appear bright white. Care is required for maintaining the appearance of this type of fur, because it loses its curl and gets frizzy when wet" https://www.reference.com/hobbies-games/mongolian-fur-1ffaf6aca9de2b12

Anarcho-Loser

• E-points: +10/-3
  • YIFF BLOC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2016, 03:48:25 am »
I hear a great way to clean a suit is lye. Immerse the suit in a bathtub full of it for about an hour. For best results, be sure to be wearing it.
We tried, we failed.